WAMC - School List Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Relx

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Overall GPA: 3.57
DAT score:
Will take July 12
State of Residence: Illinois

Undergrad Attended: UIC
Major: Biology
Minority? Yes - Mexican/Bolivian
Reapplicant? No

Shadowing Experience: 96, general dentist, ortho, endo, OMFS
Volunteering Experience: 80 tutoring elementary school kids, 150 volunteering at basketball camps for high schoolers
Employment: Dental Assisting 7 months (800 hours)
Research: 150 basic science, 50 clinical
LOR type and strength: 2 prof (moderate) 1 dentist (strong)
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags:
Took cc classes in high school which didn't help GPA, one W but got an A afterward

School list:

SIU, UIC, MWU-IL, MWU-AZ, Marquette, UMich, UKentucky, LECOM, Roseman, Buffalo, UCSF, Western, UOP, UConn

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, please help me decide what schools I should add/remove from my list. Thank you!

DAT score: 23 AA
TS: 25
OC: 26
GC: 25
Bio: 24
RC: 22
QR: 20
PAT: 19

Reapplicant? No

Volunteering Experience: 80 tutoring elementary school kids, 150 volunteering at basketball camps for high schoolers
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: Took cc classes in high school which didn't help GPA, one W but got an A afterward

School list:
SIU, UIC, MWU-IL, MWU-AZ, Marquette, UMich, UKentucky, LECOM, Roseman, Buffalo, UCSF, Western, UOP, UConn

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, please help me decide what schools I should add/remove from my list. Thank you!

DAT score: 23 AA

Reapplicant? No

Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: Took cc classes in high school which didn't help GPA, one W but got an A afterward

School list:
what is sGPA and BCP GPA?
how many cc credits and were any prerequisites?

what is sGPA and BCP GPA?
how many cc credits and were any prerequisites?
sGPA 3.56
BCP GPA: 3.53

57 CC credits, took General Chemistry I and II, as well as Anatomy and Physiology l, mostly did gen eds and some other classes like psychology and statistics. Majority of my hard sciences were taken at UIC, a 4 year university

sGPA 3.56
BCP GPA: 3.53

57 CC credits, took General Chemistry I and II, as well as Anatomy and Physiology l, mostly did gen eds and some other classes like psychology and statistics. Majority of my hard sciences were taken at UIC, a 4 year university
why roseman, western, and mw-az?

Applying to schools that cost 500k+ is not safe
I guess I’m just nervous about not getting in anywhere and being slightly neurotic about it which is why I decided to run my list by some rational people. Ideally I would love to go to SIU because of cost. Do you think I should just take those three schools off my list and add any other school or just take them off? Thank you!

No bets without a DAT. Shoot for 20+'s across the board. I presume your in-states should be in your corner if you post a good score.
Hello Mr.Smile,
I took the DAT and ended up with a 23 AA, subscores below

What do you think about my school list with my DAT now in? I was recommended to take off Roseman, MWU-AZ, and Western. Any thoughts about replacements? Thank you in advance

Reactions: 1 users
Hello Mr.Smile,
I took the DAT and ended up with a 23 AA, subscores below

What do you think about my school list with my DAT now in? I was recommended to take off Roseman, MWU-AZ, and Western. Any thoughts about replacements? Thank you in advance
I would just take them off. I'm not sure you need to replace them

Reactions: 1 user