WAMC school list? cGPA: 3.93 sGPA: 3.93; MCAT: 513; CA resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dajewler24

Reaction score
***PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE THREAD*** thank you!

Hey everyone! I'm applying in the 2022 cycle and I was hoping to get some feedback on my application and my (tentative) school list. I’m not really too sure what to think of my current school list and was wondering if you guys had any input on the matter. I'm looking to apply to ~35 schools. Thank you for your time!
  1. cGPA/sGPA: 3.93/3.93
    1. Freshman: 3.84/3.90
    2. Sophomore: 3.90/3.87
    3. Junior: 4.0/4.0
    4. Senior: 4.0/4.0
  2. MCAT: 513 (127/125 :( /129/132)
  3. CA Resident
  4. ORM (Asian)
  5. UC undergraduate
  6. Clinical experience:
    1. 300 hours volunteer (200 hours free clinic volunteer in underserved communities + 100 hours hospital volunteer with COPE health scholars)
    2. 200 hours hands on clinical shadowing (I was allowed to interact with patients)
  7. Research experience: ~1000 hours projected (during gap year),
  8. Shadowing experience: ~100 hours internal medicine
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: 400 hours assisting youth on how to read at elementary schools in low-literacy rate areas (2 years leadership with this org)
  10. Leadership: 2 years in literacy organization (mentioned above),
  11. Teaching: Academic mentor for at risk students (400)
  12. Other extracurricular activities:
    1. Volunteer Coach for Youth Basketball Team (Can I call this leadership?): 100 hours
*For the 200 hours hands on clinical shadowing is there a better way to categorize that? Since I was actually shadowing but was allowed by the physician to take vitals.

My school list:

Members don't see this ad.

Your overall application is very good. With regards to your list, I think Geisinger and OHSU are probably low yield. Overall I’d add more schools.

Look into: UArizona, Cincinnati, SLU, USF, Vermont, Tulane, Hofstra, NYMC, Temple, Georgetown, MCW, Rochester, Creighton.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
U Florida, UMass, Oregon, Geisinger, Cooper Rowan accept few applicants with no connection to the state or region. You could add these schools:
Vermont
Seton Hall
Temple
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Wake Forest
NOVA MD
TCU-UNT
St. Louis
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
California University

Volunteer youth basketball coach is definitely leadership IMO.
Delete California Northstate! You do not want to go there.

Your overall application is very good. With regards to your list, I think Geisinger and OHSU are probably low yield. Overall I’d add more schools.

Look into: UArizona, Cincinnati, SLU, USF, Vermont, Tulane, Hofstra, NYMC, Temple, Georgetown, MCW, Rochester, Creighton.
Thank you! I was thinking that OHSU might be a little tough and i'll definitely look into these schools.

U Florida, UMass, Oregon, Geisinger, Cooper Rowan accept few applicants with no connection to the state or region. You could add these schools:
Vermont
Seton Hall
Temple
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Wake Forest
NOVA MD
TCU-UNT
St. Louis
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
California University
Thank you I definitely will look into these schools!

I suggest:

UCSF

ADD:
U VM
SLU
EVMS
Wake
U Miami
NYMC
Hofstra
Tufts
Temple
Loyola
Tulane
TCU/UNT
Seton Hall
Nova
Pitt
Thank you for your suggestions! I'll look into these schools

Volunteer youth basketball coach is definitely leadership IMO.
Delete California Northstate! You do not want to go there.
Thank you I was definitely hoping that would be the case. Can I ask why not California Northstate?

Thank you I was definitely hoping that would be the case. Can I ask why not California Northstate?
Number of reasons. Doing a search on this site will show a few of them. The jist is that they are not well respected for a number of reasons. I would look elsewhere, especially with your app.

Number of reasons. Doing a search on this site will show a few of them. The jist is that they are not well respected for a number of reasons. I would look elsewhere, especially with your app.
For sure i'll look into it. thank you for the heads up!