WAMC & School List Critique (3.76 cGPA/3.72 sGPA/511 MCAT)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jh613

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to get opinions on the school list I am working to slim down for applying to in 2021 and potentially get some suggestions on ones I may have overlooked. To add more context to my stats, I have 2000+ hours of clinical volunteering, 3 semesters of research, a few hundred hours of shadowing in a few specialties, and went to a decent state university for undergrad. I am applying 2 years out from undergrad (25y/o) in which time I was a captain for an EMS service and now work in an undeserved urban emergency room as a tech. I am white, male, and a CT resident. Also open to applying to more DO schools

Heres the kicker…I got into a drunken fight when I was a dumb freshman (6 years ago) and have an IA for it unfortunately. Obviously not good and a tough thing to overcome. I plan to own it, do my best to show I have grown and it was uncharacteristic and hope for some adcoms that believe in redemption. I do understand the gravity of this issue but you cant run from your past so I have to just tackle it head on. (Here is a post from a burner w/ more info IA for fighting 6 years ago)

UMass (have direct family & can apply in-state)
Tufts
Thomas Jefferson
University of Colorado
Georgetown
George Washington
Quinnipiac
Rush
Virginia Tech
UConn
UVM
Geisinger Commonwealth
Rosalind Franklin
Drexel
Temple
NY Medical College
Rowan
Loyola
Albany
Penn State
University of Washington
University of New England (DO)

Members don't see this ad.

U Washington accepts less than 1% of applicants who are not from state in the Northwest. Virginia Tech has a small class with a regional bias. Rowan and Geisinger accept few applicants with no connection to the state or region. You could add these schools:
Seton Hall
George Washington
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Wake Forest
NOVA MD
Tulane
TCU-UNT
Creighton
St. Louis
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont