WAMC + School List critique/additions (reapplicant)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Username98

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a Florida resident and a reapplicant. I applied last year later in the cycle to only 8 schools and didn't even get an II. I underestimated the process last year and told myself it wouldn't happen again this time. I have already been verified and received 18/19 secondaries. Submitted 10 of those. Looking to add more schools to the list and am also considering DO. My stats are: 3.70 cGPA, 3.56 sGPA, 515 MCAT. I have the following ECs:

Volunteering:
100 hours clinical (ER, rehab center)
150 hours non-clinical (food pantry)

Employment
2500 hours non-clinical (cashier, temp jobs)
1500 hours clinical (research assistant in Trauma Center)

Research
2 years in an entomology lab (focus in genetics and microbiology)
1 publication (first author)

Shadowing
50 hours (2 anesthesiologists)

My school list is:
Florida Atlantic
Drexel
Emory
Florida International University
Florida State University
Dartmouth
Geisinger Commonwealth
Mayo
Nova Southeastern University
Thomas Jefferson
Brown
USF
University of Central Florida
University of Florida
University of Miami
University of Tennessee
Virginia Commonwealth
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest

Members don't see this ad.

U Tennessee, Virginia Tech and Geisinger accept few applicants with no connection to the state or region. Brown, Dartmouth, Emory and Mayo are all reaches. I suggest adding these schools:
George Washington
Temple
Seton Hall
New York Medical College
Albany
Hofstra
Einstein
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin
TCU-UNT

U Tennessee, Virginia Tech and Geisinger accept few applicants with no connection to the state or region. Brown, Dartmouth, Emory and Mayo are all reaches. I suggest adding these schools:
George Washington
Temple
Seton Hall
New York Medical College
Albany
Hofstra
Einstein
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin
TCU-UNT

I was hoping to avoid applying to too many low-yield schools for financial reasons, but I guess i'm willing to shell out the money if it would increase my chances in a meaningful way. Do you think it is worth $100+ each for schools like GW or Temple? would it increase my chances in a significant way?

I was hoping to avoid applying to too many low-yield schools for financial reasons, but I guess i'm willing to shell out the money if it would increase my chances in a meaningful way. Do you think it is worth $100+ each for schools like GW or Temple? would it increase my chances in a significant way?
They are more likely to offer you an interview than the schools I suggested removing.

Reactions: 1 user