WAMC/School List Help 3.82/520 ORM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jugglerbrah

Reaction score
1) cGPA: 3.82 sGPA: 3.68
2) MCAT: 520 (129/128/131/132)
3) Wisconsin Resident
4) White Male
5) Public, state school undergrad
6) Clinical Experience: Free clinic volunteer (100 hours), Fire Dept. EMT (600 hours), Hospice volunteer (70 hours)
7) Research Experience: 3.5 years in a chemistry lab, 2 papers (3rd and 4th author)
8) Shadowing: 65 hours of shadowing across like 10 specialties (mostly with the free clinic)
9) Non-Clinical Volunteering: Food Pantry (50 hours)
10) Extracurriculars/Leadership: one minor leadership role in a non-medical extracurricular
11) Awards: 6 research scholarships, phi beta kappa, deans list 5x
12) I decided my senior year I wanted to go to medical school, all of my medical-related activities are during my gap year

Right now, my school list is this. I eliminated schools I thought would screen me based on my GPA, non-oos-friendly schools, and many "low-yield" schools. I also applied to all TMDSAS schools because of the low cost and Texas sounds cool. I still have around 40 schools and would like to trim this down to save money and increase the quality of my secondaries. Being close to family would be nice (WI), but I just want to get into medical school. Thanks for the help.

List:
1) Albert Einstein
2) Case
3) Columbia
4) Creighton
5) Hofstra
6) Duke (might take this one out, too much of a reach)
7) EVMS
8) Emory
9) Quinnipiac
10) Dartmouth
11) Mount Sinai
12) Indiana
13) Kaiser
14) Keck
15) Loyola
16) Medical College of Wisconsin
17) University of Wisconsin-Madison
18) Northwestern (might remove due to high stats)
19) Oakland
20) Ohio
21) Penn State
22) Stony Brook Renaissance
23) Vermont
24) Jefferson
25) SUNY Downstate
26) Toledo
27) UCLA
28) UCSD
29) Cincinnati
30) Iowa
31) Maryland
32) Miami
33) Chapel Hill (thinking of removing for stats)
34) Pitt
35) Rochester
36) UVA
37) Morsani
38) VCU
39) Wake Forest
40) West Virginia
41) Yale

Members don't see this ad.

Remove:

Duke
Quinnipiac
Loyola
Oakland
Penn State
SUNY Downstate
Toledo
Maryland
UNC
West Virginia

They take few OOS students, would interview applicants more likely to matriculate and/or you lack enough non clinical volunteering to fit their mission.

Add Western Michigan to your list. Some of the TMDAS schools have a specific mission that you should see if you fit (U of Houston and UTRGV for example).

Reactions: 1 user