WAMC + School List Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspiringdoc28

Reaction score
X

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Add Tulane and TCU-UNT. Since you are a reapplicant you should also apply to DO schools and I suggest these:
TCOM
UIWSOM
SAM HOUSTON STATE
OSU-COM
AZCOM
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM
DMU-COM
MU-COM
CUSOM
VCOM (all schools)
ACOM
PCOM (all schools)
LECOM (all schools)
Touro-NY

Members don't see this ad :)
Most OOS MD schools tend not to interview Texas applicants since they know from years of experience that Texas applicants will attend a Texas school.

Reactions: 1 user
@Faha I totally understand that, but I just want to try and maximize my chances of getting in this cycle. Suppose I were a resident of another state, what schools would you recommend I apply to, with the stats I posted above? Thank you!
You are applying as a Texas resident. So let us say 20 years ago school A interviewed 10 Texas applicants with your stats and accepted 5 and all 5 declined the acceptance to attend a Texas school. If this happened every subsequent year school A would eventually conclude that it is a waste of their time and resources to interview Texas applicants. Their are a few exceptions such as URM, legacies, those who attended the undergraduate where the medical school is located and former residents. You can apply to any OOS MD school that appeals to you but the schools already know that you will attend some Texas school. This bias does not apply to DO schools and TCU-UNT and Tulane (they accept some Texans).

Add Tulane and TCU-UNT. Since you are a reapplicant you should also apply to DO schools and I suggest these:
TCOM
UIWSOM
SAM HOUSTON STATE
OSU-COM
AZCOM
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM
DMU-COM
MU-COM
CUSOM
VCOM (all schools)
ACOM
PCOM (all schools)
LECOM (all schools)
Touro-NY
I'm a TX reapplicant with similar stats. Is it worth applying to OSU-COM (Oklahoma) - I was under the impression they heavily favor IS applicants.