WAMC/School List Help - 502/3.8 cGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fjren12

Reaction score
  1. cGPA: 3.80; sGPA: 3.65
  2. First attempt: 496 123/124/124/125 Second attempt: 502 126/122/124/130
  3. Florida
  4. White, Hispanic/Latina
  5. University of Florida
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): 1696 hours as CNA at a homecare facility during gap year, 768 hours as CNA in pediatrics, 216 hours MA in dermatology, 64 hours volunteering at a free clinic for underserved patients, 40 hours volunteering abroad on a medical service trip in Costa Rica, 30 hours volunteering at a hospital
  7. Research experience and productivity: 100 hours of research in neuroscience (rat lab)
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented: 254 hours of shadowing in dermatology, pediatrics, plastic surgery, orthopedics, internal medicine, and virtual shadowing.
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: 24 hours of volunteering mentoring school-aged children and helping with homework, 32 hours of volunteering creating menstrual products, and 120 hours volunteering as a teaching assistant for general chemistry.
  10. Leadership positions in the Latino med student association and two other organizations related to psychology and mental wellness. My application mainly focuses on helping underprivileged minorities in medicine, bridging language barriers, and practicing cultural humility.
  11. Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa Honors, Dean’s List, Florida Academic Scholars Award

I am applying to both MD and DO schools. I need help choosing out-of-state schools that will accept my low MCAT score and accept OOS applicants. I prefer living in a bigger city, but I understand that sacrifices must be made.

Also, I have heard OHSU, MSU, etc. are great DO schools, but have an in-state bias. I am unsure if it is worth applying.

MD:
FIU Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine
Florida State University
Nova Southeastern University
University of Miami
University of Central Florida
University of Florida
Florida Atlantic University
University of South Florida

DO:
Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine
Kansas City University
Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine - Virginia Campus
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine Bradenton Campus
Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine–California
Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine - NY
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine/PCOM
Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific
New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)