MD WAMC - School List Help Appreciated (3.55/517/URM/FL)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

barroquda

Reaction score
Please do not quote this message. If you're reading this, best of luck in your application. Stop procrastinating and don't give up!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What Latino group do you identify with? Is it an underrepresented group?

Members don't see this ad :)
What Latino group do you identify with? Is it an underrepresented group?
I am venezuelan and nicaraguan. I think this would qualify as underrepresented. Out of curiosity, are there latino groups that would not qualify as underrepresented?

Have you connected with LMSA chapter officers at the schools on your list?
I have not. To be honest, I wasn't even aware of this. Excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject, but how should I contact these chapters and what kind of help do they provide? Thank you for your input!

Reactions: 1 user
Remove rush since they are looking for applicants with far more non clinical volunteering hours (outside of university activities) than you have. You have a good list and should receive several interviews.

Reactions: 1 users
Remove rush since they are looking for applicants with far more non clinical volunteering hours (outside of university activities) than you have. You have a good list and should receive several interviews.
Thanks Faha, I appreciate your input regarding Rush. I think I'll take them off. Glad to hear you like the list. Cheers!

Add Chicago, Penn, and WashU.

NYU and Einstein for a shot at free tuition.

You’re competitive anywhere really.

Latinos from Cuba and several South America countries aren’t underrepresented in medicine.