WAMC + school list help (cGPA 3.91, sGPA 3.87, 516 MCAT)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tealmangoes

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'd like some feedback on my application and help with creating a school list.
  1. GPAs: 3.91, 3.87
  2. MCAT score(s) and breakdown: 516 (128/130/128/130)
  3. State of residence: AZ
  4. Ethnicity and/or race: not URM
  5. Undergraduate institution: state school
  6. Clinical experience: 350+ hours total by May.
  7. Research experience: ~700 hours total. No posters or pubs.
  8. Shadowing experience: ~50 hours total by May.
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: 650+ hours total.
  10. Other extracurricular activities: AMSA, a couple other things.
  11. Relevant honors or awards: Dean's list, other academic recognitions like that.
  12. Anything else not listed you think might be important: I'm an immigrant and non-native English speaker. Also, I'd love to attend a medical school in the northeast.
I'm planning on applying to 25-30 schools. Thank you in advance!

Edit: some details removed for anonymity :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Arizona (Phoenix and Tucson)
Mayo (Arizona)
Creighton
TCU-UNT
Tulane
St. Louis
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Vermont
Dartmouth
Boston University
Tufts
Brown
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Rochester
Pittsburgh
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Cincinnati
George Washington
Georgetown
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia

Reactions: 1 user
Whoa... you're living in Arizona. What makes you want to go to the Northeast?

You also have sports med observation, which makes me wonder what your major was and whether you did any sports, even at an intramural level.

Members don't see this ad :)
Whoa... you're living in Arizona. What makes you want to go to the Northeast?

You also have sports med observation, which makes me wonder what your major was and whether you did any sports, even at an intramural level.
I'm originally from a cold country, and I prefer that kind of climate :). My major is physiology, and I do not do any sports. Is there anything you'd recommend I work on before the cycle starts? Thank you!

I'm originally from a cold country, and I prefer that kind of climate :). My major is physiology, and I do not do any sports. Is there anything you'd recommend I work on before the cycle starts? Thank you!
Based on what you wrote, you may want to diversify your exposure to medicine. It's not just orthopedics and sports medicine. More hours in the free clinic and the soup kitchen.

Also make sure you reach out to schools to get an idea of which ones you want to have at the top of your list. I don't know of your specific background, the Midwest is also rather diverse with communities of northern European origin (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan) with a lower cost of attendance.

Reactions: 1 user