MD & DO WAMC/School List Help- cGPA: 3.93, sGPA: 3.88, MCAT: 506

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msm154

Reaction score
  • Planning to apply roughly half MD/half DO
  • cGPA and sGPA as calculated by AMCAS or AACOMAS
    • sGPA:3.88 cGPA:3.93
  • MCAT score(s) and breakdown
    • July 2020- 495 |122|123|125|125
    • May 2022- 506 |126|125|127|128
  • State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US)
    • IL
  • Ethnicity and/or race
    • White
  • Undergraduate institution or category
    • Small private liberal arts college
  • Clinical experience (volunteer and paid)
    • Patient Care Technician on inpatient surgical floor: 1000 hours completed, 1100 expected
    • Emergency room scribe: 900 hours
    • Recreational volunteer (i.e. playing/interacting with) for an organization that provides transitional care for children with medical complexities- 100 hours
  • Research experience and productivity
    • Research on soil samples: resulted in a poster which was presented at my college's research symposium and developedof a protocol used in future lab classes at my college- 250 hours
    • Research on a thermophilic bacteria: Also resulted in a poster presentation- 200 hours
    • Research intern at MD Anderson Cancer Center: Wrote a research abstract (not published) and poster Also presented my work to the lab- 680 hours
  • Shadowing experience and specialties represented
    • 120 hours total- 60 hours w/ cardiologist, 30 hours w/ pediatrician, 10 hours w/ melanoma oncologist, 20 hours w/ internal medicine
  • Non-clinical volunteering
    • Member/counselor for organization that provides free summer camps for kids whose parent's have/have had cancer- 650 hours
      • May also be considered leadership, but was also volunteer coordinator (i.e. interview and train members) and outreach coordinator (i.e. liaison between guardians and various chapters) for this organization
  • Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc)
    • 2 years Biology lab worker
    • Biology tutor
    • Summer camp counselor for 3 summer
    • 2 years rush chair for fraternity
  • Relevant honors or awards
    • Eagle Scout, summa cum laude, 1 of 3 students to graduate with a biology distinction award
  • School List (so far- work in progress)
    • MD- Rush, Loyola, UIC, Rosalind Franklin, Southern Illinois, MCW, SLU, Creighton, UMKC, Central Michigan, Oakland University, Drexel, Georgtown
    • DO- CCOM, DMU-COM, ATSU-KCOM, KCU-COM, Kansas COM, MSUCOM, MU-COM, OSU-COM, KYCOM, ARCOM

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Remove UMKC and Central Michigan since they admit very few non residents with your MCAT scores and no connection to the state.
You could add these MD schools:
TCU-UNT
NOVA MD
Tulane
Wayne State
NOVA MD
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Temple
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Albany
Quinnipiac
On your DO list remove the newer schools such as KansasCOM and ARCOM. OSU-COM admits few non residents. MSUCOM has very high non resident tuition. You could add these schools instead:
LECOM
PCOM
WVSOM
TUNCOM