MD WAMC/School list help: cGPA/sGPA 3.7/3.66 ; MCAT: 521

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djmd98

Reaction score
(redacted for privacy)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You have a good list. You could add these schools:
Hofstra
NYU
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Jefferson
Miami
USF Morsani
Tulane
Washington University
Western Michigan

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You have a good list. You could add these schools:
Hofstra
NYU
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Jefferson
Miami
USF Morsani
Tulane
Washington University
Western Michigan
Thank you!

I think you have a great application, excellent MCAT. For many of those reaches the GPA is on the lower side, but the upward trend definitely will help.

I think your list is okay but I would err on the safe side and add those schools that Faha suggested.

Also consider: UCLA (did you forget??), Emory, BU, Wake Forest, UArizona.

Reactions: 1 user
I think you have a great application, excellent MCAT. For many of those reaches the GPA is on the lower side, but the upward trend definitely will help.

I think your list is okay but I would err on the safe side and add those schools that Faha suggested.

Also consider: UCLA (did you forget??), Emory, BU, Wake Forest, UArizona.
I would definitely agree about my GPA—I am thinking about swapping out Duke and 1-2 others for WF and UofA. I had UCLA in my list but forgot to transcribe it over from MSAR (it’s actually one of my dream schools haha). I’ll add the other two schools as well. I would be very happy if I received even one II off my reach list. Thank you for your help!

I would definitely agree about my GPA—I am thinking about swapping out Duke and 1-2 others for WF and UofA. I had UCLA in my list but forgot to transcribe it over from MSAR (it’s actually one of my dream schools haha). I’ll add the other two schools as well. I would be very happy if I received even one II off my reach list. Thank you for your help!
I’d say keep the research heavy schools, just add the mid tiers. You’ll get to 35 total.
Maybe look at MSAR and see if your GPA is below the 10th percentile for any of those reaches. Maybe a good way to pick which to swap.