WAMC/School List Help - OH ORM (3.86 sGPA, 3.76 cGPA, 508 MCAT)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alldayallnight

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Albany
NYMC
Rosalind Franklin
Vermont
Drexel
Temple
Penn state
Wayne State
Oakland
MCW
Quinnipiac
Belmont
OSU
UC
Wright State
Neomed
Toledo

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Strike the 20 hours of fundraising, and you get to 145, which is close enough to the minimum threshold for service orientation. Keep adding more hours, especially with the community garden.

NEOMED looks for candidates who want to work with rural or underserved communities, and I don't see this in what has been described. MCAT is really low for CWRU or CCLCM. I would add OUCOM if you really don't want to be a reapplicant, especially with the MCAT score.

Check your OOS status...

I volunteered at a community garden for refugees in high school, can I combine that with the community garden for cancer patients somehow? Not sure if I can get more hours since the garden is only open certain months
You can mention it but we don't value high school activities much unless it is like an Eagle Scout project.

Members don't see this ad :)
Remove Iowa since they admit very few non residents with a MCAT of 508 and no connection to the state. Case Western is unrealistic with your MCAT.
You could add these schools:
West Virginia
Creighton
TCU
NOVA MD
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Hackensack

Loyola is looking for applicants that have more clinical and non clinical hours than you have and they receive more applications than almost every school. Keep NYMC, Hackensack, Creighton and Quinnipiac. For DO schools I suggest these:
OU-HCOM
LECOM
PCOM
MU-COM
DMU-COM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
WVSOM
CUSOM
Touro-NY
NYITCOM