WAMC/School List Help! ORM, cGPA 3.73, sGPA 3.60, MCAT 504, great experiences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

guava-isoniazid

Reaction score
I'm having a really difficult time building a school list (I've already submitted primary just to a few schools)....

ORM

Stats:
cGPA: 3.73, sGPA: 3.60, (4.0 senior year) MCAT: 504 124/124/125/131 taken 4 times, last score before 504 was a 497 :(, still waiting on Casper/preview, went to well ranked liberal arts school, doing a 1-year MPH during this current gap year

Research: ~5,000 hours in 4 different labs, currently in year 2 as an NIH Post-bac, 2 publications, 8 poster presentations, 2 poster awards, grant/award for diverse post-bacs only given to 2 each year, lead journal club for summer students

Clinical: 650 hours volunteering at a mobile clinic, COVID-19 screening, and doing a 2-week medical brigade

non-clinical volunteering/leadership: 850 hours, founder of a niche service org, VP of dance marathon, VP of service club helping the rural community where I did undergrad, VP of global health club

Tutoring: 80 hours of tutoring students on academic probation, taught education courses at a local hospital around the chronic disease I have

Athletics: 4 years in D3 sport, won national award for overcoming adversity while playing college sport

Shadowing: 160 hours in many different specialties

Other ECs: in a media studies honors program and made medical podcasts published on Spotify, mentor for first-year students, tour guide

Narrative: I have a chronic health condition and built my interest in medicine around this, and most of my activities/descriptions/PS and research interests are built around this

I guess I'm struggling bc I have sooo many research hours and I think good ECs but pretty low stats. Unfortunately, most of the schools that highly value research are T20s and have really high stats. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any schools w lower stats that really emphasize research or would be a good fit for me! Thanks so much :)

P.S. I'm applying to MD, MD/Ph.D, and DO schools

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where is your state of residence ?

Also, this is my current list!

MD:
IUSM
MCW
Central Michigan
Rush
U Wisconsin
George Washington
Northeast Ohio
Michigan State
Wright State
University of Toledo
University of Alabama-Birmingham
Eastern Virginia
Tulane
University of Illinois
TCU
University of Vermont
Rosalind Franklin
Albany
Howard
Temple-Lewis Katz
Virginia tech
Penn State
Wake Forest
Meharry
Oakland
University of Arizona Tuscon

MD/Ph.D:
University of Minnesota
University of Kentucky
U Arkansas
U Utah
Albert Einstein
Stony Brook
U nebraska
U kansas
U Missouri-columbia
U louisville
U Miami
U connecticut
Buffalo
Thomas Jefferson
Drexel
Wayne State
Oregon health sciences
VCU
University of Pittsburg
UMD
USU
U Alabama
Toledo
temple
UNC
U washington
Umass
rochester
cinncinatti
U Iowa
U florida
U South Dakota
Ohio State
SUNY downstate
SUNY upstate
Loyola
Penn state
Rutgers
Rowan
MUSC
St Louis university
Marshall edwards
West Virginia
USF morsani
U Oklahoma

DO:
Marian
Midwestern
Philadelphia Medical College
New York Institute of Technology
Michigan State
Touro-NY
Nova Southeastern
Western
Ohio University
Lake Erie-Bradenton
Kansas City
Des Moines
Rowan

Do you have FAP? That school list alone is like 1 semester of med school tuition $$$

Md/PhD is not realistic with a MCAT of 504. The GPA-MCAT grid shows you have only a ~50% chance for a MD acceptance with your stats. You are competitive for all DO schools. I suggest these MD schools with your stats:
Indiana
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Rush
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
TCU
Creighton
NOVA MD
Wake Forest
Eastern Virginia
Drexel
Temple
Penn State
Hackensack
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
You have a good DO list but OU-HCOM admits very few non residents.

Reactions: 1 users
With a 504 MCAT on your 4th attempt, I think the only MD school worth applying to is IU.

Rowan and Michigan State also are in-state focused. Midwestern, Western and Touro NY prefer applicants with a higher MCAT score as well. Add:

KCOM
Campbell
ACOM
Touro NV

Reactions: 1 user
Md/PhD is not realistic with a MCAT of 504. The GPA-MCAT grid shows you have only a ~50% chance for a MD acceptance with your stats. You are competitive for all DO schools. I suggest these MD schools with your stats:
Indiana
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Rush
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
TCU
Creighton
NOVA MD
Wake Forest
Eastern Virginia
Drexel
Temple
Penn State
Hackensack
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
You have a good DO list but OU-HCOM admits very few non residents.

Thank you so much!! :)

With a 504 MCAT on your 4th attempt, I think the only MD school worth applying to is IU.

Rowan and Michigan State also are in-state focused. Midwestern, Western and Touro NY prefer applicants with a higher MCAT score as well. Add:

KCOM
Campbell
ACOM
Touro NV

Thanks so much!!