Nov 10, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hello. I haven't received any II this cycle and am planning to reapply right away. I believe where I messed up most was not being complete until August and my secondaries were rushed due to a late MCAT. Additionally I've been told that my school list had too many low-yield which I didn't know was a thing until after the fact. I'd love any feedback though.
  1. cGPA: 3.91, sGPA: 3.72
  2. 512 (126/130/125/131)
  3. Colorado
  4. White
  5. University of Colorado
  6. 2800 hours as a CNA on multiple floors (Onc, Uro, Pre-op, PACU, ICU). 100 hours clinical volunteering at a behavioral health facility.
  7. Around 50 hours in a lab focused on acceptance behavior therapy for cancer patients and around 700 hours in a lab focused on cognitive development. Helped with multiple projects and completed an honors thesis which consisted of applying for UROP, recruiting participants, running every participant (~50), data analysis and writing and defending a manuscript. Received summa cum laude designation. Honors thesis poster presentation at undergrad research day.
  8. 16 hours (cut short due to Covid); psychiatrist and hospitalist
  9. Around 80 hours as at the Humane Society (I love dogs). Around 130 hours as a crisis text line counselor.
  10. D1 soccer player for 1 year (had to stop due to health). Tutored middle and high school students (100 hours). I orient new CNAs to our unit (leadership). Undergraduate research mentor for a semester. Not super relevant but I also worked as a marketer/copywriter for a start-up while in college.
  11. Phi Beta Kappa. Summa cum laude. Honors with distinction.
My revised school list for this upcoming cycle:
  • Ohio State
  • Dartmouth
  • SLU
  • Georgetown
  • UC Denver
  • Wake Forest
  • Quinnipiac
  • Vermont (Larner)
  • Geisinger
  • NYMC
  • GWU
  • VCU
  • University of Miami
  • UCF
  • Virginia Tech
  • SUNY Upstate
  • Jacobs
  • U of Wisconsin
  • Indiana
  • Med U South Carolina
  • U of Kansas
  • EVMS
  • FL Atlantic U
  • FL Intl U
  • Sidney Kimmel
  • Emory

Faha

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Remove Virginia Tech as they have a small class with a regional preference. Geisinger also has a regional preference and South Carolina, Kansas, SUNY Upstate and Jacobs accept few non residents with no connection to the state. You could add any of these schools:
TCU-UNT
Creighton
Loyola
Rush
Medical College Wisconsin
Wayne State
Oakland Beaumont
NOVA MD
Albany
Seton Hall
Drexel
Temple

Reactions: 1 users
Nov 10, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Remove Virginia Tech as they have a small class with a regional preference. Geisinger also has a regional preference and South Carolina, Kansas, SUNY Upstate and Jacobs accept few non residents with no connection to the state. You could add any of these schools:
TCU-UNT
Creighton
Loyola
Rush
Medical College Wisconsin
Wayne State
Oakland Beaumont
NOVA MD
Albany
Seton Hall
Drexel
Temple
Thank you! Do you think I have a good chance at MD or should I add 5-10 DO (or more)?

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.