2+ Year Member
- Dec 27, 2020
- Reaction score
Hello! I am taking my shot at applying for the first time this upcoming cycle. My MCAT scores are just in. I’d like to know my chances at earning a spot this cycle. My school list is very tentative and I’m not really sure if I even have a chance at some of them. What would be in my range? Please advise. Thank you!
- cGPA 3.97 sGPA 4.0
- MCAT 511
- State of residence- Maryland
- African-American (First generation immigrant)
- Undergrad State School
- Clinical/Research experience -
Postbac clincal research fellow at NIH; Also completed research projects related to patients with rare diseases and analyzed data relating natural history and disease treatment success. 3 posters, 1 that may lead to publication. (Projected hours ~4100)
- Shadowing experience - Virtual Shadowing ~30 hours
- Non-clinical volunteering - (50~ hrs still in progress, may increase to ~100) Teaching underserved populations and working with people with developmental disabilities.
- Other extracurricular activities - TAed for 3 different courses ~300 hrs
- Summa cum laude, academic scholarship, Deans list, phi beta kappa nominee
- 1600 hrs as a paid early learner tutor, teaching young children to read and write, in addition to beginners addition and substraction.
- Completed undergrad in 3 yrs, currently finishing up 1st gap year.