WAMC/ school list help :/

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iced_coffee_brunette_

Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Several of the schools on your list are unrealistic with your MCAT of 510. I suggest these schools with your stats:
Iowa
Medical College Wisconsin
Rush
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Creighton
TCU-UNT
NOVA MD
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Georgetown
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Seton Hall
Albany
New York Medical College
Vermont
Quinnipiac

Members don't see this ad :)
Several of the schools on your list are unrealistic with your MCAT of 510. I suggest these schools with your stats:
Iowa
Medical College Wisconsin
Rush
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Creighton
TCU-UNT
NOVA MD
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Georgetown
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Seton Hall
Albany
New York Medical College
Vermont
Quinnipiac
yaaa i mentioned that too hahhaha but thank you for the advice!! I think about half of the schools on this list have a strict LOR requirement which i wont likely be able to meet (due to not being able to get one more science prof ) or are schools whose curriculums/locations I do not vibe with BUT IK I cant be picky with my MCAT LOL (which is why I signed up to retake next month )

what MCAT score do you think I would need to make that list realistic? (for reference, my practice avg was about 7 points higher and I had some very strong factors contributing to my underperformance on test day)

If your new score is 517 you could receive interviews at the other schools on your list that I did not include.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah with a 510, Faha's list is more realistic.

If you decide to retake and get 517+, then Rochester, BU, Sinai, Pitt etc. come into play. At this point, many of those are reaches.

1. cGPA - 3.8
  2. sGPA -3.7
  3. Degrees: dual BS, graduated in 2020
  4. MCAT510 (129/127/126/128)
    1. might retake next month bc way below my Fl avg but well see
  5. Ethnicity and/or race- ORM- white
  6. ECS including prospective ---
  7. Clinical: 4-5000 hours ED scribe (was there all through covid if that means anything lol)
  8. Volunteer:
    1. 150 LTCF
    2. 250 medical device
    3. 100 social work
  9. Research:
    1. 30 sociology lab
    2. 30 medical device lab for credit
    3. 250 neuropsych lab (currently volunteering here)
  10. shadowing: only a few virtual shadowing hours... probably will have 15 by june
  11. other:
    1. one UG org ~ 100 hrs
    2. 300 hrs bar tender
  12. LORS: will be fairly standard or meh. none will be spectacular. TRYING to get a second science one and not succeeding.
  13. Location: midwest (from Iowa)
  14. School list:
    1. I am open to suggestions but there are some schools I know I wont be happy at and this is my list after further digging into schools. I know nothing about DO other than I had a terrible experience with OMM and I could not fake being interested in it so I dont plan on applying.
    2. If my mcat were like 3 points higher at least this list would be better.....IK..
    3. U Wisconsin, MCW, U Minnesota, U Iowa, OSU, Creighton, Loyola, Rush, Toledo, Penn state, Brown, Pittsburgh, GW, Georgetown, tufts, Albany, BU, mnt. Sinai, Tomas Jefferson, Emory, Dartmouth, Duke, Rochester ...I really like hackensack's program but its new so apparently thats bad
What’s the OMM story?