MD & DO WAMC/School List [MD/DO] Reapplicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KaioKaizen

Spaghet Boi
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So to start it off, I'm technically a THIRD time applicant (second time reapplicant after an unsuccessful last cycle)(first cycle was for a BS/MD program which I didn't make the MCAT cutoff for). 5 II's last cycle, which turned into 3 R's and I'm currently on 2 WL's.

Chance me for a third time!

Academics
Graduated December 2017, school in PA with BSc in Biology.
cGPA: 3.70
sGPA: 3.70
MCAT: 509 [127/126/129/127] | 513 [129/124/131/129] (I am terrible at CARS)

Experiences
Volunteering (clinical): 500 hours in a private, primary care clinic
Volunteering (non-clinical): 150 hours with an Asian initiative organization (I'm Asian), 250 hours with MANNA (a food kitchen)
Current experience: Scribing under a DO in primary care clinic majority of the time, orthopedics and other primary care providers occasionally (currently certified scribe trainer), Tutoring multiple students via online platform
Research: ~900 hours in an HIV lab, bench work with 1 publication
60 hours in a wet lab working with Dictyostelium (this was part of a course during undergrad, not sure if I should be including it as research if it's in courses already)
Extracurriculars: started an Asian-interest Fraternity at my University, currently alumni advisor and on the National Board, Minority Association of Premeds, Asian Student Association, Apex Legends Lifeline main

LoRs:
One DO letter (primary care)
One MD letter (primary care)
One science professor letter
One research professor letter
Possibly one other DO letter
Note: I missed the deadline for my school's committee letter and am freaking out inside

I reformulated my school list based on my last cycle, so here it is. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Where is your state of residence ? Where were your 5 interviews ?

I'm from PA.

5 II's were at:
Drexel (my alma mater) -> R
Albany MC -> WL
PCOM-PA -> WL
Geisinger Commonwealth -> R
NYULI -> R

Members don't see this ad :)
Work on your interview skills.
Delete all OH schools, Va Tech, USF and UCF, the NJ schools (except Seton Hall).

ADD: More DO schools, starting with all LECOMs, NYITCOM and UNECOM. You know the five I can't recommend.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Work on your interview skills.
Delete all OH schools, Va Tech, USF and UCF, the NJ schools (except Seton Hall).

ADD: More DO schools, starting with all LECOMs, NYITCOM and UNECOM. You know the five I can't recommend.

I’ve looked alot into DO schools and the LECOMs weren't on my list for personal reasons, the primary being that I would only go if it were my last resort, but now that I think about it, it wouldn't hurt to add them to my list.

I also wouldn't go to NYITCOM based on the cost alone.

I read somewhere that UNECOM had some internal issues between students and staff? I couldn't read any further into it, but I'm curious if you have any insight on this, because it was one of the top choices on my radar when I was school hunting.

And yeah, my interview skills blow. HARD.

I'm from PA.

5 II's were at:
Drexel (my alma mater) -> R
Albany MC -> WL
PCOM-PA -> WL
Geisinger Commonwealth -> R
NYULI -> R
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Geisinger
Penn State
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Albany
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
George Washington
West Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Wake Forest
NOVA MD
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Medical College Wisconsin
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
St. Louis
Creighton
TCU-UNT

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Geisinger
Penn State
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Albany
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
George Washington
West Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Wake Forest
NOVA MD
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Medical College Wisconsin
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
St. Louis
Creighton
TCU-UNT

Thank you! I heard the median volunteering hours for Rush last year was somewhere in the low 1,000’s so I wasn’t sure if it’d be advisable to apply with my low amount