WAMC/School list review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nateman

Reaction score
  1. cGPA: 3.95 sGPA: 3.94
  2. MCAT: 522 (131, 130, 130, 131)
  3. PA resident
  4. ORM
  5. Clinical Experience: About 250 volunteer hours in a delirium prevention program at a university hospital. Will still be volunteering there at the time of application. I also help train new volunteers with the program.
  6. Research Experience: 1 summer in a research center that screened patients for emphysema clinical trials. I was on 2 abstracts but I am not sure where they were submitted/presented. 1 full academic year in a developmental biology lab. I continued in that lab full time as a part of a Summer Undergraduate Research Program where I presented my project to the department. Also, I currently work in a vaccine research lab as a tech.
  7. Shadowing Experiences: About 50 hours total (Orthopedic Surgery, Pulmonology, Neurology, Trauma Surgery, Internal Medicine)
  8. Non-clinical volunteering: About 100 hours helping put on programs for kids with disabilities. I plan to continue volunteering there until matriculation. I have also volunteered on a variety of community projects with my fraternity (50 hours).
  9. Other extracurricular activities: President of my fraternity of around 70 members. 1 semester TAing for an upper-level Pathophysiology course. Participated in a start-up generator competition with my brother. Our company idea had nothing to do with medicine but we placed 4th out of 105 graduate and undergraduate teams.
  10. Relevant honors or awards: I was the departmental nominee for a university-wide award that is given to one graduating senior every year. I haven't heard back about this yet.
  11. School List:
Harvard
Hopkins
Penn
NYU
Vanderbilt
Duke
Pitt
Case Western
Emory
UVA
Ohio State