WAMC/school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdw2015

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You could add these OOS schools:
Pittsburgh
Rochester
Boston University
Dartmouth
Brown
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
NYU
U Michigan
UVA
Duke
USF Morsani
Miami
Emory
Vanderbilt
Washington University (almost a guaranteed interview with your MCAT of 523)
Northwestern
U Chicago
USC Keck
Kaiser

OP

Is your undergrad well known for grade deflation?

Members don't see this ad :)
@Faha Thanks so much for the list--that's very helpful! @MyOdyssey To be honest pretty fair grading/maybe slight deflation, I'm not sure how well known that would be. The first university I attended for undergrad is well known for grade deflation though.

With GPA/MCAT, you better get some attention at all your Ohio in-state schools. Any other domestic clinical exposure while you were an undergrad?

Unfortunately no other domestic clinical exposure in undergrad. I'm not sure how my planned clinical experience will work out during my second gap year. My volunteering with those affected by dementia in undergrad was in a long-term care facility with patients, but I'm not sure if it would be considered clinical. Thanks for the help!

Unfortunately no other domestic clinical exposure in undergrad. I'm not sure how my planned clinical experience will work out during my second gap year. My volunteering with those affected by dementia in undergrad was in a long-term care facility with patients, but I'm not sure if it would be considered clinical. Thanks for the help!
Depending on what you did at the LTC facility, it could be considered clinical. What were you doing?

Hi, everyone! I’m applying this coming cycle while currently finishing a masters abroad. I’m a bit unsure of how to craft my school list with my GPA/MCAT combo. I also was wondering if anyone had advice on schools that reward upward trends in GPA or that tend to have students who have taken a gap year or two. I’m currently doing a Master of Research degree in the UK (all lab work with some lectures). I would really appreciate some advice—haven’t posted before so hopefully it’s all formatted right!
So far really interested in all my state schools and wasn’t sure how to navigate high-ranked schools with my MCAT and sGPA combo. If quoting this post could be avoided that would be great--thanks so much everyone! :)
I suggest the following, but invest in MSAT and rule out schools where your GPAs are < their 10th %iles.
NYU
Columbia
WashU
Vanderbilt
Yale
JHU
U Chicago
U Penn
Northwestern
Harvard
Mayo
Cornell
Stanford
Case
Duke
Sinai
U VA
BU
Baylor
UCSF
USC/Keck
UCSD
UCLA
U MI
Rochester
Hofstra
Ohio State and AL:L other OH schools
Dartmouth
Western MI
USF Morsani
U MA
U IA
Albert Einstein
Emory
Tufts

NYU-LI
Jefferson
Miami
U CO
SLU
U VM
U WI

Depending on what you did at the LTC facility, it could be considered clinical. What were you doing?

I would visit once a week and spend time with a resident who had dementia: the focus of the campus volunteering group was to try to stimulate memory and conversation through music, and I would either play piano or listen to some of the resident's favorite songs with him in his room. It was a facility that provided long-term care for people with dementia and post-acute care for people discharged from hospitals.

Reactions: 1 user
@Goro Thank you so much for the thoughtful list!

Reactions: 1 user