DO WAMC + School list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JimmyDoc45

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I am a graduate with a 3.5 gpa and 3.3 sgpa and a 497 mcat. I am going to be doing a masters this year and wanted more opinions on whether I should apply this cycle. I have been scribing for the past 2 years and I also have a couple research publications. I feel as is my sophomore year was worst but I have trended upwards my junior and senior years in comparison. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! I am also looking into applying to DO schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Please follow the below template:

With a 497, you are likely only competitive for DO schools that are highly mission oriented or that have opened up recently.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
1. 3.5 cgpa and 3.3 sgpa
2. 497 (127/121/124/125)
3)IN
4)Indian
6)hospital volunteering at 2 locations (100+), scribing currently for past 2 years
7) 2 research publications and presentations
8) EM shadowing from scribing (1000+)
9) church volunteering, donating at shelters, part of church group raising awareness and donating (200+)
10) work as cashier at family business to help out been doing since 4+ years

Would like some help with a school list; thank you for everything!

Last edited:
1. 3.5 cgpa and 3.3 sgpa
2. 497 (127/121/124/125)
3)IN
4)Indian
6)hospital volunteering at 2 locations (100+), scribing currently for past 2 years
9) church volunteering, donating at shelters, part of church group raising awareness and donating (200+)

You could receive interviews at some DO schools with a MCAT of 497 and I suggest these:
MU-COM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
VCOM (all 4 schools)
LECOM (Erie, Seton Hill, Elmira)
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
NYIT-AR
ARCOM
WCU-COM
ACOM
UIWSOM
LMU-DCOM
LUCOM
BCOM
ICOM
Noorda-COM
KHSC-COM (new school)
There may also be new schools opening in Orlando and 2 in Montana (affiliated with RVU and Touro) later this year.
Many of these schools have MCAT medians in the 498 to 502 range so you should receive interviews. Apply this month and submit all your secondaries by August.

Reactions: 1 user
1. 3.5 cgpa and 3.3 sgpa
2. 497 (127/121/124/125)
3)IN
4)Indian

Allocate 50-100 hours of your scribing as shadowing, and leave the remaining 900+ as a separate clinical employment activity on AACOMAS.

If you are doing an SMP, it would be best to wait till next cycle if you wanted that to have an impact on your application. Schools won’t wait to see your fall grades.

Reactions: 1 users