WAMC sGPA 5.42 cGPA5.54 MCAT 516

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

timbit

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I need some help on WAMC for MD and MD/PhD programs

A bit more info about me:

3.42 BCPM
3.75 AO
3.54 total undergraduate GPA.
I exhibit a strong upward trend (3.37/2.8/3.49/3.77) with 91 hours of science courses from a total of 144 total hours.

My MCAT is a recent 516. Previously, I was an unsuccessful applicant to MD/PhD programs, with a 511 and limited clinical exposure. I received 3 interviews, 2 at MSTP programs but no acceptances.

On my new application, I have ~9000 hours of research (two long term lab experiences, multiple publications, one first authorship paper), about ~500 hours of clinical volunteering (at a safety net hospital by the end of next August), some nonclinical volunteering ~400 hours (working with immigrants/people who don't speak the native language, domestically and abroad). I have negligible shadowing (~20 hours) due to patient confidentiality; I felt it was dishonest to inflate the number of hours and so only put down the active hours of my shadowing experience despite the weeklong experience.

I am from Massachusetts. I am a US citizen. I am Asian (I didn't indicate race, but i have a common asian last name). I'm a nontraditional applicant (>26 yrs. old ) with heavily scientific background before deciding to pursue medicine

Here are my current list of MD/PhD applications (I haven't received secondaries yet at all of them)

BU SOM

Stonybrook U SOM

UCLA Geffen

UMASS

UNC Chapel Hill

Warren Alpert

McGovern Medical School at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston

Tufts

Emory

Miami Miller

Rochester

UAB

Pittsburgh

Case Western

UT Southwestern

Icahn

and Yale, because why the hell not

I need the most help with the MD portion to maximize my chances of getting in somewhere, preferably with an MD/PhD program where I can apply as an internal applicant (also to explain the history of my experiences and my rec letters)

Geisel Dartmouth

Albert Einstein

Tulane

USC/Keck (the school's website and MSAR don't seem to agree as to in state vs. out of state students, and I originally disregarded Keck because I live in MA)

Georgetown

Vanderbilt; I've been getting a lot of recruiting emails from them, maybe they like me as an MD applicant?

Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.