WAMC/Should I add more schools? 3.69s/3.78cGPA, 507 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reminem

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I've recently applied to schools and I'm starting to get a little nervous. I submitted all of my secondaries by late June/early July. I have received one II so far, but it is at the same school I was waitlist/rejected from. I wasn't sure if it would be too late to add a few more schools to my list (DO preferred), and if so, which schools to add?

A brief summary of my application looks like:

-sGPA3.69/cGPA3.78, 507 MCAT (128,126, 127, 126)
-PA resident - attended a mid tier school
-Average to above average EC's:
-200+ non clinical volunteering
-70+ hours shadowing
-Tutor/Lab instructor for Undergraduate Courses
-Clinical Volunteering: this one is a little vague - around 50 hours in a traditional setting by volunteering at a hospital, but 1800+ hours working as a medical liaison where I closely worked with workers compensation patients, physicians, and therapists going over the prescribed procedures and managing the patient's medical records (however this was not always in person and you couldn't "smell" the patient). Additionally I am currently volunteering in a long-term nursing home, helping the nursing staff with the care and rehab of patients suffering with dementia (not listed on my application, but I will be sending an update letter to schools about this when I accumulate more hours - only around 30 as of now)
-Research assistant at a well known pharmaceutical company
-Created a campus organization
-Additional sport/club activities

I applied to 20 Schools (* for schools I am a re-applicant at)
MD:
Penn State*
Temple*
Drexel*
Jefferson*
WVU* - II
Georgetown - rejected
EVU - rejected
Moorehouse - rejected
Tulane - rejected
Oakland Beaumont - rejected
TCMC
George Washington
Rowan Cooper - from the area and made it past their pre-secondary screen
Creighton
Miami
NYMC
Albany
Wake
DO:
PCOM
LECOM Bradenton

I know that I'm going to get denied a lot during the cycle, but I really want to maximize my chances of getting into school this year and I'm starting to get anxious that I won't receive any additional II's, especially from my in state schools. Any advice or prospective DO schools that I could possibly add to my list to help my chances?

Members don't see this ad.

You are competitive for any DO school so apply to at least another 6 of your preference and you should receive several interviews.

You are competitive for any DO school so apply to at least another 6 of your preference and you should receive several interviews.
Thanks for the response! I'm not super informed with the AMCOMAS application process but when is considered on time for submitting DO school secondaries? I know the rule of thumb for MD is by labor day, but I wasn't sure if that applies here. Also could you recommend any schools specifically? Thanks again!

Thanks for the response! I'm not super informed with the AMCOMAS application process but when is considered on time for submitting DO school secondaries? I know the rule of thumb for MD is by labor day, but I wasn't sure if that applies here. Also could you recommend any schools specifically? Thanks again!
Ideally, you would have them in by late September but even October is not late for DO schools. Schools you could add include:
LECOM (Erie)
NSU-COM
GA-PCOM
MU-COM
WVSOM
NYIT-COM
UP-KYCOM
AZCOM
ATSU-SOMA