WAMC: Should I apply to U.S. with my limited shadowing and clinical experience as a Canadian?

Open_Main

May 9, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
Hello everyone, I'm confused about whether I should apply to the U.S. (MD program) this cycle with my limited shadowing/clinical experience. I'm a Canadian/international student, so I didn't realize how much emphasis the U.S. had on shadowing and clinical volunteering. I have 0 hours of shadowing but I do have some paid clinical experience. I was a research assistant for 295 hours) where I monitored, took blood pressure readings, and interacted with seniors (whom had high blood pressure and were taking a novel drug treatment) as they exercised in the lab. Does this even count as clinical experience?
Anyway, my non-medical extracurricular experiences are pretty decent, I have a 3.81 GPA, and 516 MCAT. Do you think I should apply this cycle, even to just a couple of schools in the U.S. or is better to apply next cycle after shadowing or increasing clinical volunteering

Any input, would be appreciated :)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.