WAMC/ submitted early, only 1 interview. Stats not bad.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Drmusicdental

Reaction score
Hey guys, I need some advice.
I sent in my app 6/16 when it opened. However, my app was completed roughly a month later (7/10) because my advisors uploaded my committee letter late.
So far, I only got 1 interview.
My stats are: GPA (both): 3.5
DAT AA & TS are 20. QR is 16, Reading 20, Orgo 25, Gen Chem 19, BIO 20, PAT 20.
Dental Assistant for 5 years at one clinic only. Did volunteer work. Have committee letter.
The status on all my other NYC/NJ/PA schools on AADSAS is “Under Review”.

Do I consider myself out of luck with the other schools, or do I still have a shot at landing an interview? All of them have already began sending out invites to applicants and from what I see on SDN, the earliest date for an interview is surpassing mid December for some of them.
Let me know please! First time applying and I’m anxious, I always want to have back up school if one doesn’t accept.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I need some advice.
I sent in my app 6/16 when it opened. However, my app was completed roughly a month later (7/10) because my advisors uploaded my committee letter late.
So far, I only got 1 interview.
My stats are: GPA (both): 3.5
DAT AA & TS are 20. QR is 16, Reading 20, Orgo 25, Gen Chem 19, BIO 20, PAT 20.
The status on all my other NYC/NJ/PA schools on AADSAS is “Under Review”.

Do I consider myself out of luck with the other schools, or do I still have a shot at landing an interview? All of them have already began sending out invites to applicants and from what I see on SDN, the earliest date for an interview is surpassing mid December for some of them.
Let me know please! First time applying and I’m anxious, I always want to have back up school if one doesn’t accept.
where did you apply, what is your state of residence, and where was your interview?
are you urm?

Reactions: 1 user
where did you apply, what is your state of residence, and where was your interview?
are you urm?

All schools in NY (NYU, Colombia, Stony, Touro, Buffalo) NJ (Rutgers) and PA (Temple + Penn)
State of residence is NY. Interview at Touro. Not URM, but not born in US ‍

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
gpa is near matriculant average, dat is slightly lower than matriculant average
are you international?
that could be a reason...

gpa is near matriculant average, dat is slightly lower than matriculant average
are you international?
that could be a reason...
Nope, not international either. I guess I’ll just have to wait it out

A lot of the schools you applied to are quite competitive. I imagine the interview you got will not be your last one, based on what you’ve told me, but I’m thinking they’ll be for post december, nothing wrong with that.