• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

WAMC? Texas Resident + URM

SolidDoc

May 16, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
In-state Schools applying to:
McGovern UT Health
Long School of Medicine
UTMB
Dell Med
Texas A&M
Both Techs
Baylor
UT Southwestern
University of Houston
UTRGV
TCU/UNTHSC

OOS:
Im unsure. I feel like it's hard for texas residents to go out of state cause they might view we would prefer in state. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
About the Ads

ferocas

Apr 9, 2020
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
As another Hispanic Texas resident with similar stats and EC's applying this cycle, my in-state school list is (naturally) the same as yours. For OOS, I'm just full-sending it and applying to 15 of the T20's lol. Why not right? Shoot for the (T20) stars and if you fall, you land on a (TMDSAS) cloud.

Reactions: 1 user

SolidDoc

May 16, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
As another Hispanic Texas resident with similar stats and EC's applying this cycle, my in-state school list is (naturally) the same as yours. For OOS, I'm just full-sending it and applying to 15 of the T20's lol. Why not right? Shoot for the (T20) stars and if you fall, you land on a (TMDSAS) cloud.
That's what I was thinking too!! I love love love UCSF + Northwestern. I think I might shoot for the stars cause you never know!! Goodluck & thank you :)

Oct 14, 2011
  1. Academic Administration
That's what I was thinking too!! I love love love UCSF + Northwestern. I think I might shoot for the stars cause you never know!! Goodluck & thank you :)
Before you go boldly applying outside of Texas, network solidly with current students through AMSA, LMSA, and SNMA officers to know which schools can give you the best support.

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.