WAMC? Texas Resident + URM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SolidDoc

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
In-state Schools applying to:
McGovern UT Health
Long School of Medicine
UTMB
Dell Med
Texas A&M
Both Techs
Baylor
UT Southwestern
University of Houston
UTRGV
TCU/UNTHSC

OOS:
Im unsure. I feel like it's hard for texas residents to go out of state cause they might view we would prefer in state. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You should receive several interviews from your Texas schools. For OOS you could try these:
Tulane
Quinnipiac
Boston University
Einstein
Hofstra
NYU
Mount Sinai
Seton Hall
Miami
NOVA MD
Rosalind Franklin
Oakland Beaumont
Kaiser

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you all! I feel more confident now in my application more forward.

As another Hispanic Texas resident with similar stats and EC's applying this cycle, my in-state school list is (naturally) the same as yours. For OOS, I'm just full-sending it and applying to 15 of the T20's lol. Why not right? Shoot for the (T20) stars and if you fall, you land on a (TMDSAS) cloud.

As another Hispanic Texas resident with similar stats and EC's applying this cycle, my in-state school list is (naturally) the same as yours. For OOS, I'm just full-sending it and applying to 15 of the T20's lol. Why not right? Shoot for the (T20) stars and if you fall, you land on a (TMDSAS) cloud.
That's what I was thinking too!! I love love love UCSF + Northwestern. I think I might shoot for the stars cause you never know!! Goodluck & thank you :)

That's what I was thinking too!! I love love love UCSF + Northwestern. I think I might shoot for the stars cause you never know!! Goodluck & thank you :)
Before you go boldly applying outside of Texas, network solidly with current students through AMSA, LMSA, and SNMA officers to know which schools can give you the best support.

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile