WAMC this cycle, unbalanced Stats, need advice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chad12

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Million dollar question: do you have an upward trend, or not? If you do, your chances are excellent. If not, they are a little less rosy but still decent, especially at your state schools.

I do. At the end of sophomore year my GPA Was a little under a 3.0. Averaged a 3.7 the last 4 semesters to pull it up to the current gpa(with one slightly off but not terrible semester of a 3.5 and the rest at 3.8+).

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm. With that upward trend, your chances sound better than your GPA would predict. Dartmouth likes reinvention; @Goro could give you some advice on other schools that like reinvention and strong upward trends. Good luck!

Isn't reinvention when people take SMPS/postbaccs/masters? Also isn't dartmouth more receptive to nontrads? While I have reinvented my gpa from my early years of college I don't think I count as a nontrad since Im a new graduate right?

Isn't reinvention when people take SMPS/postbaccs/masters? Also isn't dartmouth more receptive to nontrads? While I have reinvented my gpa from my early years of college I don't think I count as a nontrad since Im a new graduate right?
Many schools reward reinvention when there are upward GPA trends (ie, Nike-swoosh-like).
Of your list, I recommend:

Albany
Cali North
NYMC
NOVA MD
Oakland-Beumont
Vermont
Seton Hall
Sidney Kimmwl
Tulane
UMIAMI
VCU
VTECH
Wake Forest
Wayne State
WVU
Western michigan
Rosalind Franklin
Creighton
Hofstra
Drexel
EVMS
Quinnipac
GWU
Georgetown
Temple
Loyola
MCWisconsin

ADD: SLU, U VA, U WV, maybe Marshal IF you're from western/rural VA. Also add and NYU and Wash U (stats ******)

Suggest adding more DO schools if you have no love by October from the MD schools.
To your list, add all three VCOMs, LMU, MUCOM, PCOM-GA, KCOM, KCU, maybe CUSOM