- 3.65 cGPA (graduated with a 3.54 while playing D1 basketball; 4.0 last 81 credit hours with a few retaken courses~note the cGPA includes retaken courses and I didn't do grade substitution) and 3.62 sGPA
- MCAT score: 510 (128/123/129/130)
- State of residence: TX
- Race: White
- Undergraduate institution: University of Vermont - Class of 2015
- Clinical experience - Dietetic internship (inpatient experience~530 hours; outpatient experience~80 hours); VA hospital volunteer (inpatient~100 hours)
- Research experience - Dietetic internship (not entirely sure how to quantify this considering it was performed concurrent with the intern rotations but the internship was one year with a total of 1750 hours; at least 20 research projects and papers were completed with a few notables such as case studies of a couple of my patients or food waste in the local food service company I worked for, none of these were published; also assisted in completion of a research project in undergrad regarding a nutrition and exercise program for elementary school children although I didn't author it).
- Shadowing experience: 20 hours interventional cardiologist; 40 hours PM&R
- Non-clinical volunteering: About 200 hours over a period of 5 years with special olympics
- Other extracurricular activities: Division 1 basketball team captain senior year
- Relevant honors or awards: president's list 2 semesters, Dean's list 2 semesters, lots of athletic-academic awards (about 9 in total such as NABC honors court team and conference academic honor roll etc.)
- Certifications: completed a dietetic internship and passed the board exam to become a registered dietitian; also a certified strength and conditioning specialist (CSCS). Currently applying to the UNT MS in Medical Sciences (1 year MS program) for my gap year (next academic year).
Also, do you recommend I retake the MCAT? Any recommendations on out-of-state medical schools I should apply to? Any other suggestions to improve my application?
Thanks for the help!