WAMC UC Davis low GRE quant !! :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

simbawolf360

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello I am an in state student applying for fall 2021, I graduated spring 2020 with an Animal science degree. I knew going in that the GRE would not be my strongest area of my app simply because I struggle with math and standardized testing. Covid for sure made things more complicated as well as suddenly starting a new job full time. My GPA is strong and I feel confident in my letters of recommendation. However, not so much the one from the veterinarian as I have only worked with her for 3 months. I know Davis looks at the one from the veterinarian strongly but again covid made things complicated when trying to find a job as well as other things. Either way I am not sure if my GPA or letters of recommendation will be strong enough to make up for my GRE quant. Is it so bad that I probably will have to be considered holistically to have a chance?

Stats

Cum: 3.74
Science: 3.76 UC Davis avg=3.62
Last 45: 3.85 UC Davis avg=3.77
GRE Quant 33% 149 (Davis avg=68%), Verbal 67%, Writing 55% (I only studied for the quant lol)

I am applying to RVC, Oregon, Ohio, Colorado, Perdue, Edinburgh(dick), UC Davis, LMU

I would love to hear your guys thoughts. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi, fellow applicant here! I think your judgement is likely correct. You will most likely be viewed in the holistic review process but that really depends on how strong other applicant’s stats are this cycle. It’s hard to say definitively though.

Hi, fellow applicant here! I think your judgement is likely correct. You will most likely be viewed in the holistic review process but that really depends on how strong other applicant’s stats are this cycle. It’s hard to say definitively though.
Thanks for your reply!! Its good to know my expectations are probably accurate :)