WAMC upcoming cycle (East coast schools)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Juhygent

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Overall GPA: 3.7
Science GPA: 3.4ish probably (I have at least 2 Cs in pre-reqs)
DAT score: 23AA/21TS- 20Bio 21Chem 22Ochem 27RC 25QR 25PAT
Minority? No
Shadowing Experience: ~300 hrs at two general dentistry offices
Volunteering Experience: few hours at food bank, just very small scale things only once or twice (is it too late to find virtual volunteering?)
Employment: Dental receptionist since high school till middle of undergrad
UTAing this semester
Weekly piano tutoring for about a year
Studying for a radiation technologist license right now
Research: worked as an undergrad RA (resident assistant) in a cognitive psychology lab for a semester but am not named under the publication or anything like that
Other Extracurriculars: Vice pres of university's dental Honduras trip club, was a coleader for a charity race, coleader of faith club, pre-dental club, a few cultural clubs here and there
Relevant Honors or Awards: just my university's >3.5 gpa dean's list
LOR type and strength: both my science professors' may be weak (hard to form a connection over zoom)
No committee letter, even though my dream school strongly recommends it
Dentist's letter may be moderate
Thinking of getting a fourth letter, from either my second dentist or my uni's pre-health advisor (which should I choose?)

School list- so far Maryland, Temple, Rutgers, NYU

Would it be bad to apply sometime else in the summer later than June 1 this year to get more time to volunteer/improve my application in general?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would get your fourth letter from your pre-health advisor, just for more variety, but I think either choice would be fine. I think your school list is fine, although I doubt you need to include NYU as I think you have a good chance at much cheaper options. I would definitely add more schools to your list though. If you are thinking east coast you may want to add schools such as Buffalo, Pitt, Ohio state, etc. I don't think it would be a big deal to apply in like July instead of June, however, you can just start doing volunteering in May and just note in your application you will be continuing it throughout the Summer at the same frequency and for the same number of hours as you have already. Hope that makes sense. Best of luck, I think you will hear for a handful of schools if you apply to the right places!

Reactions: 1 user
Overall GPA: 3.7
Science GPA: 3.4ish probably
DAT score: 23AA/21TS- 20Bio 21Chem 22Ochem 27RC 25QR 25PAT
Minority? No
Shadowing Experience: ~300 hrs at two general dentistry offices
Volunteering Experience: few hours at food bank, just very small scale things only once or twice (is it too late to find virtual volunteering?)
Employment: Dental receptionist since high school till middle of undergrad
UTAing this semester
Weekly piano tutoring for about a year
Studying for a radiation technologist license right now
Research: worked as an undergrad RA (resident assistant) in a cognitive psychology lab for a semester but am not named under the publication or anything like that
Other Extracurriculars: Vice pres of university's dental Honduras trip club, was a coleader for a charity race, coleader of faith club, pre-dental club, a few cultural clubs here and there
Relevant Honors or Awards: just my university's >3.5 gpa dean's list
LOR type and strength: both my science professors' may be weak (hard to form a connection over zoom)
No committee letter, even though my dream school strongly recommends it
Dentist's letter may be moderate
Thinking of getting a fourth letter, from either my second dentist or my uni's pre-health advisor (which should I choose?)

School list- so far Maryland, Temple, Rutgers, NYU

Would it be bad to apply sometime else in the summer later than June 1 this year to get more time to volunteer/improve my application in general?
apply early and to more schools
do a summer update with your additional ECs

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did I miss your state residency? Have you talked to any ASDA chapter officers or admissions staff?
I live in MD. I went to an open house for MD dental school about three years ago and talked to admissions staff there, but didn't really form a rapport because I wasn't very sure about doing dentistry at the time

I live in MD. I went to an open house for MD dental school about three years ago and talked to admissions staff there, but didn't really form a rapport because I wasn't very sure about doing dentistry at the time
Okay. Well, try to reconnect with them and ASDA chapter officers just so you can get insight as you submit your application again.