WAMC? URM 3.53/513

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peaceloveandmedicine

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
cGPA and sGPA: 3.5 cGPA and 3.3 sGPA (my school uses a +/- system so it’ll probably go up a bit in the Texas system I have a lot of A-s)
MCAT: 513
State: TX
Demographics: Black woman
Undergrad: Top 50 state school
Masters: MPH same as undergrad institution 3.9

Clinical volunteering: None

Clinical Paid: 400 hours local hospital patient care technician; 120 clinical research position where I help do MRIs on patients

Non-clinical volunteering: 120 hours food kitchen abroad, 60 hours tutoring at inner city school, 30 hours mentoring inner city youth, 270 working for local nonprofit for low income youth

Shadowing: 50 hours split between peds and anesthesiology

Research: 1,300 hours developmental cognitive psychology lab for infants. I mostly have been working on my own project in the last two years. I have an international poster presentation, an oral presentation (awards for both), two fellowships through this lab, wrote a thesis
400 hours data collection and data entry on a maternal and child health/development lab
Upcoming: Epi public health lab where I’ll be looking at racial disparities and birth outcomes

Leadership: VP of minority premed club (1 year), TA for Ochem/ gen chem (2 years), project leader in my lab (1 year)

Other:past SHPEP participant

I am not attached to staying in Texas. I would just prefer to go to a school that has a community health focus. Any school list help would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Suggest all TX schools
all HBCs (including UCLA/Drew)

I'm sending up a flare to the wise @gyngyn...I don't know how OOS schools view AA candidates from TX. They may very well figure that you'll want to stay in the Lone Star State..or they might want to recruit you heavily!

At least try Tulane, for starters.

EDIT:
ADD:

U Miami
IU
U WV
Gtown
GWU
Case
Northwester
UCSF
UCSD
UCLA
Keck
NYU.LI
Duke
Pitt
Mt Sinai
SLU
Creighton
U VM
UVA
U MI
OH State
U Cincy
Einstein
The Philly Triplets

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Suggest all TX schools
all HBCs (including UCLA/Drew)

I'm sending up a flare to the wise @gyngyn...I don't know how OOS schools view AA candidates from TX. They may very well figure that you'll want to stay in the Lone Star State..or they might want to recruit you heavily!

At least try Tulane, for starters.
We'll recruit!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users