*~*WAMC (what are my chances?) Megathread*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I looked at nova and LECOM it says 2.75 is minimum. You should call an advisor at each school.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
That GPA is rough. UF states that the minimum science GPA to apply is 2.5 competitive is 3-4.

Do you meet the minimum for other FL schools?

Not that I see. USF is the only Florida school that doesn't have a defined minimum, but the deadline passed before I got my application in order.. I'm not opposed to going out of state but I don't know the best way to go about it. Should I try to up my GPA first? Would taking upper level courses after graduation help or do nothing?

I looked at nova and LECOM it says 2.75 is minimum. You should call an advisor at each school.
Calling an advisor is a good idea! Should I call or use email? I feel that they must be too busy to answer phones but that's just an assumption. Thanks for the advice!

Members don't see this ad :)
Calling an advisor is a good idea! Should I call or use email? I feel that they must be too busy to answer phones but that's just an assumption. Thanks for the advice!
I would just call. They are all usually pretty nice.

Not that I see. USF is the only Florida school that doesn't have a defined minimum, but the deadline passed before I got my application in order.. I'm not opposed to going out of state but I don't know the best way to go about it. Should I try to up my GPA first? Would taking upper level courses after graduation help or do nothing?
Honestly I'm not sure the best thing to do would be. But like I said previously an advisor would be of more help. Just make sure is the advisor for the pharmacy school. Good luck.

I wonder if I have any chance to those school because my GPA is just the average to those schools and my biology GPA are about 2.7

a. Schools you are applying to:

1. Oregon State

2. Pacific

3. UW SOP

4. WSU COP

5. Midwestern University

6. SOP Pacific University

7. University of Huston COP

8. University of Southern Nevada COP

9. Rutgers University COP

10. University of Michigan COP

b. Overall GPA: 3.55
c. Math/Science GPA: 3.45.

· Biochemistry :3.2, 3.2

· Introduction to Biology : 2.6, 2.8, 2.9 (This is my lowest GPA, should I retake one of those classes? )

· Organic Chemistry: 3.5, 3.2 and 4.0

· Other pre-pharmacy prerequisite from my community college and it’s all A.

d. GPA in last one or two school years: about 3.4 to 3.5
e. Complete PCAT scores (or just composite): I got 74th for the first time and I got 90th for the second time. My reading and verbal is 60th and biology, math and chem are above 90.
f. Pharmacy experience obtained: I volunteered total 300 hours within one year, basically 150 hours in the Inpatient and 150 hours in the Outpatient.

g. Date of application submission (PharmCAS/primary and secondary) I will apply to pharmacy schools this year 2014.

h. Number of LORs and source of LORs: one LOR from my pharmacists that I volunteered in the Outpatient and one LOR from my organic chemistry whom I took for two quarters

i. Non-pharmacy work and/or volunteer experience:

· Research assistant for 3 quarters

· Biochemistry Club-mentorship

· Tax Preparer Volunteer for 2 months

j. Self-perception of interview skills: so-so, I am not confident in the interview.
k. Overall impression of personal statement quality: average or a little above average

Last edited:
a. Schools you are applying to:

1. Oregon State

2. Pacific

3. UW SOP

4. WSU COP

5. Midwestern University

6. SOP Pacific University

7. University of Huston COP

8. University of Southern Nevada COP

9. Rutgers University COP

10. University of Michigan COP

b. Overall GPA: 3.55
c. Math/Science GPA: 3.45.

· Biochemistry :3.2, 3.2

· Introduction to Biology : 2.6, 2.8, 2.9 (This is my lowest GPA, should I retake one of those classes? )

· Organic Chemistry: 3.5, 3.2 and 4.0

· Other pre-pharmacy prerequisite from my community college and it’s all A.

d. GPA in last one or two school years: about 3.4 to 3.5
e. Complete PCAT scores (or just composite): I got 74th for the first time and I got 90th for the second time. My reading and verbal is 60th and biology, math and chem are above 90.
f. Pharmacy experience obtained: I volunteered total 300 hours within one year, basically 150 hours in the Inpatient and 150 hours in the Outpatient.

g. Date of application submission (PharmCAS/primary and secondary) I will apply to pharmacy schools this year 2014.

h. Number of LORs and source of LORs: one LOR from my pharmacists that I volunteered in the Outpatient and one LOR from my organic chemistry whom I took for two quarters

i. Non-pharmacy work and/or volunteer experience:

· Research assistant for 3 quarters

· Biochemistry Club-mentorship

· Tax Preparer Volunteer for 2 months

j. Self-perception of interview skills: so-so, I am not confident in the interview.
k. Overall impression of personal statement quality: average or a little above average
Are you really wondering if you have a chance? Of course you will get in. You will likely interview at every school you applied to.

Hey guys I'm knew at this, wrote my PCATs for the first time today. Any insight/suggestions are greatly appreciated!

a. Schools you are applying to
University of Toronto
University of Waterloo
Dalhousie University
Memorial University of Newfoundland
Université de Montréal
Université Laval

b. Overall GPA
BSc. Biochemistry Honours, with Distinction and Co-op from Concordia University
3.55 (3.6 if you don't penalize a retake)
However, university was preceded by very mediocre grades in CEGEP (like College), with an average probably in the low 70s.
The last course on my CEGEP transcript is also a zero.
Explanation: (During my last semester, I signed up for a summer class in case I failed one of my classes. I received my final grade late, and it was also past the drop deadline. They wouldn't let me out of the class and threatened to give me a zero, but I was off to University so I kind of told the administrators where they could go, in more explicit terms.)

c. Math/Science GPA
d. GPA in last one or two school years

e. Complete PCAT scores (or just composite)
Verbal Ability : 443/96
Biology :447/97
Reading Comprehension : 397/45 (slow reader..)
Quantitative Ability : 442/96
Chemistry : 449/97
Composite : 436/97

f. Pharmacy experience obtained
- Worked in small biotechnology/large pharmaceuticals for 2 years doing research,
- a publication (one of many authors) to be confirmed in the coming couple weeks
- Shadowing pharmacist in industry (biotechnology pharmaceutical), hospital pharmacist, community pharmacist

h. Number of LORs and source of LORs
I wasn't required to submit letters of recommendation, except for Waterloo, to whom I provided a solid letter of recommendation from a physician.
I have strong letters of recommendation from my biotechnology employer in industry and my co-op director in academia.

i. Non-pharmacy work and/or volunteer experience
Was a lifeguard for 5 years up until about 6 years ago.
Did lots of volunteer work with Co-operative Education school at my University
(open house, proposed recruitment ideas, put together presentations, represented co-op in some events)
I was also part of a co-op student mentorship program where I mentored a first year student when I was in my last year. I didn't have to do much he had a head on his shoulders,
but I still helped him prep for interviews, apply for jobs, fix up CV/cover letter)

j. Self-perception of interview skills
Better than most, I kind of enjoy interviews these days as I've gone through quite a few.

k. Overall impression of personal statement quality
Personal statement, for Waterloo only. I think it's pretty good.

Thanks guys/gals,
Sufjan

Hey guys, hope this helps some of you. Never underestimate yourself. Remember that the admission committee looks at your whole application not just one part of it

GPA; 3.0
Science; 2.5
Math; 4.0
Pcat; 47 composite, (Chemistry; 87%, the rest below 50%)

Strong extracurriculars and recommendations
6 years of retail experience

Interviewed:
Lecom Erie; interviewed; waitlisted
Midwestern Chicago; Accepted
Campbell University; Accepted
Notre Dame; 1/28
Albany: 2/17
pcom-Georgia; 3/29
Howard university: 2/08
Touro NY: 2/11
Regis : 2/27

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, hope this helps some of you. Never underestimate yourself. Remember that the admission committee looks at your whole application not just one part of it

GPA; 3.0
Science; 2.5
Math; 4.0
Pcat; 47 composite, (Chemistry; 87%, the rest below 50%)

Strong extracurriculars and recommendations
6 years of retail experience

Interviewed:
Lecom Erie; interviewed; waitlisted
Midwestern Chicago; Accepted
Campbell University; Accepted
Notre Dame; 1/28
Albany: 2/17
When did you apply to albany? I applied in December and still haven't heard back? When did they give you the interview invite? Oh an congrats on the acceptances for the other schools! :)

Hey guys lets just wanted some input.

GPA 3.2
Science ~3.0
Math ~2.88
PCAT Composite 59
Q-27
Chem -45
Bio -24
RC-98
VA -58

I obtained a BS in Chem
and graduate in May with a MS in Public Health

Professional experience

Undergraduate Research Intern, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk VA (May 2011-August 2011)

● Designed Regiment to Screen for Cystic Fibrosis Related Diabetes

● Acquired knowledge on Cystic Fibrosis by shadowing and participating in patients doctor’s visit.

● Conducted several essential bio-statistical tests

Undergraduate Research Intern, NASA Glenn Research Center, Cleveland OH (June 2010-August 2010)

● Researched Biofuels

● Acquired the knowledge of various techniques to make Esters

● Participated in Conferences, Meetings, in Oral Presentations pertaining to my Research

Applied Science Intern, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH (June 2009-July 2009)

● Researched Genetic Modifications’ procedures and its impact on society

● Acquired the knowledge of today’s uses of basic genetic modification

● Participated in the Summer Medical and Dental Education Program
Pharmacy Technician, Rite Aid (May 2012-Present)

· Merchandising

● Maintaining cash counts

● Intake Prescriptions

● Fill Prescriptions

schools applied to.

Howard University
LECOM (FL)
Northeast Ohio
LeCoM (PA)
Shenandoah U
Hampton Univeristy

Recommendations from

3 Undergrad Profs
and Pharmacist (I work for)

Members don't see this ad :)
BS in chem. what happened on PCAT?

I honestly didn't study. I studied for about 2 days. As I was going through a personal crisis (health issue) when it was time to test. It affected me, not to mention i hadnt seen any hardcore science since graduation. but i am prepared to retake it if i dont get in just thought i'd at least try this cycle.

Hello, my application is decent in all aspects except GPA, which is incredibly low. I know that I need to increase it, but I am wondering what the best way to do that is; I have a total of 204 credit hours, so individual classes won't affect my GPA too much. I have heard that after graduation you can take graduate level classes without being in a program to try and show that you are able to handle a higher level class, I am not sure if this applies to pharmacy school applications. Any advice would be great, thank you.

All Florida schools except USF
b. Overall GPA
c. Math/Science GPA
Junior - 2.3 (2.2 science) Senior - 2.23 (2.66 Science)
I am attempting 12 credit hours of science courses currently, which will finish my BS.
87 Composite
I have been working in a retail pharmacy full time for 7+ years, 6 of which I have been (and still am) nationally certified.
g. Date of application submission (PharmCAS/primary and secondary)
GPA calculations were done today from PharmCAS, waiting for them to send the letters.

Additionally, the following will help us gauge your chances but are more optional:
3, all from pharmacists.
None
I would say moderate, have not had to interview for anything in years, but I do not get nervous and I present myself well.
The statement used my pharmacy experience and my late start on the track of pharmacy to show that even though my grades are not good, pharmacy is where I want to be and my grades are going up (last semester was 3.0, not good but better than my overall gpa).

Not sure if you meet the minimum for any school with that gpa. They won't even look at your application if you don't meet the threshold.

When did you apply to albany? I applied in December and still haven't heard back? When did they give you the interview invite? Oh an congrats on the acceptances for the other schools! :)

Thank you. I applied 11/15. But I took my pcat in November so they didn't receive it or process it till December (I believe). Received invite last week.

just noticed a stupid editing error in my personal essay. i failed to delete an extra unnecessary "was" in a sentence. i even had people proofread my essay but i guess nobody caught it.... what are my chances at admissions now? does it throw me out of the pool automatically? so far, i've been invited to interview at all the schools i applied to (unt, incarnate, a&m, ut, uh, tech). but i think the schools only looked at grades/pcat when deciding who gets an interview.

gpa: 3.3 & graduated with B.S. at UT
pcat: 92 composite
experience: volunteered in a pharmacology/toxicology lab on campus, worked in a lab for dell hospital's research institute, volunteered in a hospital pharmacy, worked at CVS as a pharmacy tech for 2 years
extracurricular: held officer positions, including president, for student organizations for 3 of the 4 undergrad years
LORS: one pharmacist/ut cop professor, one pharmacist/researcher, one retail pharmacist, one professor for a course that required me to work with children

i'm so mad at myself! i can't believe i let this one slip. everyone makes stupid mistakes and i know it's going to cost me. just trying to figure out how much and what my chances are NOW after noticing this mistake. ): any input from experience/friends' stories appreciated.

just noticed a stupid editing error in my personal essay. i failed to delete an extra unnecessary "was" in a sentence. i even had people proofread my essay but i guess nobody caught it.... what are my chances at admissions now? does it throw me out of the pool automatically? so far, i've been invited to interview at all the schools i applied to (unt, incarnate, a&m, ut, uh, tech). but i think the schools only looked at grades/pcat when deciding who gets an interview.

gpa: 3.3 & graduated with B.S. at UT
pcat: 92 composite
experience: volunteered in a pharmacology/toxicology lab on campus, worked in a lab for dell hospital's research institute, volunteered in a hospital pharmacy, worked at CVS as a pharmacy tech for 2 years
extracurricular: held officer positions, including president, for student organizations for 3 of the 4 undergrad years
LORS: one pharmacist/ut cop professor, one pharmacist/researcher, one retail pharmacist, one professor for a course that required me to work with children

i'm so mad at myself! i can't believe i let this one slip. everyone makes stupid mistakes and i know it's going to cost me. just trying to figure out how much and what my chances are NOW after noticing this mistake. ): any input from experience/friends' stories appreciated.
Oh my god are you freaking out because you wrote was twice?!? You've got to be kidding me. Trust me you'll be fine, your stats are good

Reactions: 1 users
you should definitely talk up your experiences and downplay the GPA/PCAT stuff ... solid internships!

Hey guys lets just wanted some input.

GPA 3.2
Science ~3.0
Math ~2.88
PCAT Composite 59
Q-27
Chem -45
Bio -24
RC-98
VA -58

I obtained a BS in Chem
and graduate in May with a MS in Public Health

Professional experience

Undergraduate Research Intern, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk VA (May 2011-August 2011)

● Designed Regiment to Screen for Cystic Fibrosis Related Diabetes

● Acquired knowledge on Cystic Fibrosis by shadowing and participating in patients doctor’s visit.

● Conducted several essential bio-statistical tests

Undergraduate Research Intern, NASA Glenn Research Center, Cleveland OH (June 2010-August 2010)

● Researched Biofuels

● Acquired the knowledge of various techniques to make Esters

● Participated in Conferences, Meetings, in Oral Presentations pertaining to my Research

Applied Science Intern, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH (June 2009-July 2009)

● Researched Genetic Modifications’ procedures and its impact on society

● Acquired the knowledge of today’s uses of basic genetic modification

● Participated in the Summer Medical and Dental Education Program
Pharmacy Technician, Rite Aid (May 2012-Present)

· Merchandising

● Maintaining cash counts

● Intake Prescriptions

● Fill Prescriptions

schools applied to.

Howard University
LECOM (FL)
Northeast Ohio
LeCoM (PA)
Shenandoah U
Hampton Univeristy

Recommendations from

3 Undergrad Profs
and Pharmacist (I work for)

you should definitely talk up your experiences and downplay the GPA/PCAT stuff ... solid internships!

thank you. I was kind of debating about applying with my stats. I just sent off the application literally last week. So im hoping that I at least get an interview to any of the schools. I have quite the compelling story as well. So if I can get an interview I'd be ecstatic. I will also have a MPH from a great school. So I'm hoping that helps! Do you think it will.

UNC-CH and Campbell University. I have interviews with both.
b. Overall GPA
c. Math/Science GPA
3.577 since Fall '12
16 credit hours for this semester. Probably all A's.
97 composite
Regional retail pharmacy for going on 3 years. Summer and winter breaks, and weekends (average 15 hours a week over two years and eight months.)
November 15th

Additionally, the following will help us gauge your chances but are more optional:
3: my adviser and professor (chairman of chemistry department,) a pharmacy manager (preceptor for UNC and alumnus,) and a pharmacist (B.S., many years experience.)
Did some political activism in last presidential election, have worked in cell biology lab as a helper, in chemistry department as an assistant instructor for general chemistry lab, as well as done research in structural biology.
I'm not the strongest interviewee, though working in the pharmacy has prepared me for attitude and how I carry myself.
I did well. I'm a fiction writer by night, so writing it was a blast. Had my pharmacy manager look over it, and he really enjoyed it. Said I demonstrated my wit well.

Last edited:
thank you. I was kind of debating about applying with my stats. I just sent off the application literally last week. So im hoping that I at least get an interview to any of the schools. I have quite the compelling story as well. So if I can get an interview I'd be ecstatic. I will also have a MPH from a great school. So I'm hoping that helps! Do you think it will.

Good luck with it. You can always apply again next year earlier, which gives you a better chance. Don't you think you could find a good job with the MPH?

Good luck with it. You can always apply again next year earlier, which gives you a better chance. Don't you think you could find a good job with the MPH?

Most certainly yes, but I know at Campbell the norm is to pursue a master's to boost GPA for applying to pharmacy school or medical school. Especially for research oriented students.

b. Overall GPA 3.02 unweighted, 2.92 weighted
c. Math/Science GPA roughly 2.50 :(
d. GPA in last one or two school years 3.1
e. Complete PCAT scores (or just composite) Verbal Ability 52, Biology 46, Reading Comp 19, Quantitative Ability 77, Chemistry 93, Composite 64
f. Pharmacy experience obtained None as of now
g. Date of application submission (PharmCAS/primary and secondary) September 19th, 2013
h. Number of LORs and source of LORs 4, 2 from college professors, 1 from pharmacist, 1 from mentor
i. Non-pharmacy work and/or volunteer experience Eagle Scout volunteering
j. Self-perception of interview skills Pretty Solid with interviews

Hello, my application is decent in all aspects except GPA, which is incredibly low. I know that I need to increase it, but I am wondering what the best way to do that is; I have a total of 204 credit hours, so individual classes won't affect my GPA too much. I have heard that after graduation you can take graduate level classes without being in a program to try and show that you are able to handle a higher level class, I am not sure if this applies to pharmacy school applications. Any advice would be great, thank you.

All Florida schools except USF
b. Overall GPA
c. Math/Science GPA
Junior - 2.3 (2.2 science) Senior - 2.23 (2.66 Science)
I am attempting 12 credit hours of science courses currently, which will finish my BS.
87 Composite
I have been working in a retail pharmacy full time for 7+ years, 6 of which I have been (and still am) nationally certified.
GPA calculations were done today from PharmCAS, waiting for them to send the letters.

3, all from pharmacists.
None
I would say moderate, have not had to interview for anything in years, but I do not get nervous and I present myself well.
The statement used my pharmacy experience and my late start on the track of pharmacy to show that even though my grades are not good, pharmacy is where I want to be and my grades are going up (last semester was 3.0, not good but better than my overall gpa).
Some schools will take you even if your grades are below the minimum requirement, just means you better have a high 90 PCAT score

Wow. I don't realize I still had a student doctor account until I got email...

It's always good to contact the school. Be courteous and they may/may not disclose any information but it's better than waiting.

I got into pharmacy school 5 days before first day of orientation. I was also a late applicant. I got placed in an alternate waiting list. I even started on next application cycle, thinking I'll have better chances following year before I got my acceptance call. So don't give up!

Hey Gals/Guys,

I'm a Canadian student, curious as to what my chances are in the US (or Canada). Where should I be applying? So I'm reposting, with updates, in the hopes of starting on some US applications early if nothings pans out in Canada. Any information is appreciated.

a. Schools you guys think I should apply to for the next cycle! Below is the list of schools I have applied to for this cycle (Fall 2014/Winter 2015)
University of Toronto (interviewed)
University of Waterloo (will interview this week)
Dalhousie University (waiting on interview selections)
Memorial University of Newfoundland (waiting on interview selection)
Université de Montréal (refused)
Université Laval (refused)

b. Overall GPA
BSc. Biochemistry Honours, with Distinction and Co-op from Concordia University (Montreal)
3.55/4.3 (3.6/4.3 if you don't penalize a retake)
However, university was preceded by very mediocre grades in CEGEP (like College), with an average the mid-70s.
The last course on my CEGEP transcript is also a zero.

c. Math/Science GPA
3.35/4.3
3.8/4.3

Verbal Ability : 443/96
Biology :447/97
Reading Comprehension : 397/45 (slow reader..)
Quantitative Ability : 442/96
Chemistry : 449/97
Composite : 436/97

- Worked in small biotechnology/large pharmaceuticals for 2 years doing research,
- a publication (one of many authors)
- Shadowing pharmacist in industry (biotechnology pharmaceutical), hospital pharmacist, community pharmacist
- Have worked 3 months as a pharmacy technician so far.

I have strong letters of recommendation from my biotechnology employer in industry and my co-op director in academia. Strong letter of recommendation from a pharmacist at the pharmacy I'm currently employed at.

Was a lifeguard for 5 years up until about 6 years ago.
Did lots of volunteer work with Co-operative Education school at my University
(open house, proposed recruitment ideas, put together presentations, represented co-op in some events)
I was also part of a co-op student mentorship program where I mentored a first year student when I was in my last year. I didn't have to do much he had a head on his shoulders, but I still helped him prep for interviews, apply for jobs, fix up CV/cover letter)

Better than most, I kind of enjoy interviews these days as I've gone through quite a few.

Personal statement is pretty good, though very non-traditional.

Thanks guys/gals,
Sufjan

University of Minnesota
Ohio State University
University of Michigan
University of Illinois
Midwestern University
Southern Illinois University

b. Overall GPA 3.67/4.00
c. Math/Science GPA 3.51/4.00
d. GPA in last one or two school years 3.82 (last 2 yrs)
e. Complete PCAT scores (or just composite) Verbal (91) Biology (79) Reading (94) Quant (96) Chem (93) Composite (96)
f. Pharmacy experience obtained Volunteer at the Winship Cancer Institute in the Infusion Pharmacy (1+ yrs)
g. Date of application submission (PharmCAS/primary and secondary) This Fall/Winter
Physiology Professor (A in the class, student instructor the next yr), Economics Professor (A's in the classes), Volunteer Coordinator (2+ yrs)

Vice President of the Emory Pharmacy Club
Treasurer of the Association for Chronic Disease Awareness - Emory Chapter
Graphic Designer of the Emory Media Council
Emory Club Lacrosse Team
Lab Assistant at the Emory School of Medicine (1 yr, will start as a research assistant next yr)
Education Assistant at CancerQuest (2 yrs ago)
SI for Human Physiology
TA for Biology II Lab

j. Self-perception of interview skills average
k. Overall impression of personal statement quality average

UCSF or UCSD, Pacific (CA), Western (CA), Northstate, Minnesota, Colorado, Maryland, Midwestern, Virginia Commonwealth, Washington State
b. Overall GPA
c. Math/Science GPA
d. GPA in last one years
3.75 (both)
taking in july
~1 year associate at independent pharmacy
Applying in June
(4) Pharmacist, Science (research) professor, clergy (if needed), speech professor
4 years at primary care office
6 months optometry
10 day medical mission (worked in pharmacy dept)
pre-pharm club
lead coordinator of youth group
2 years research

Good
I'm a good writer

- University of Texas - Austin
- University of Houston
- Texas Tech

b. Overall GPA

c. Math/Science GPA

- 3.89 (Only have 1 year; most reqs are done though)

- N/A (taking it this summer)

- Volunteer 8hrs a week during Spring '14 semester in a hospital's pharmacy + worked for assistant director of pharmacy there as well; plan on volunteering similarly Fall '14

- Haven't yet. Will apply this year.

- 1. Assistant Director of Pharmacy Pharmacist for a hospital who is also an adjunct professor for the University of Texas - Austin's College of Pharmacy
- 2. University of Texas - Austin Genetics Honors Professor
- 3. Pharmacy Technician Supervisor for a hospital

- Officer for large, pre-pharmacy organization on campus
- Undergraduate Learning Assistant for Intro-Chem course
- Volunteering through said pre-pharmacy organization
- Volunteering through misc. desire

- Decent at least. I'm comfortable answering most questions and believe myself to be amiable, friendly, and enthusiastic.

- Haven't started. Slow start to my summer responsibilities so far. :p

Last edited:
UCSF or UCSD, Pacific (CA), Western (CA), Northstate, Minnesota, Colorado, Maryland, Midwestern, Virginia Commonwealth, Washington State
b. Overall GPA
c. Math/Science GPA
d. GPA in last one years
3.75 (both)
taking in july
~1 year associate at independent pharmacy
Applying in June
(4) Pharmacist, Science (research) professor, clergy (if needed), speech professor
4 years at primary care office
6 months optometry
10 day medical mission (worked in pharmacy dept)
pre-pharm club
lead coordinator of youth group
2 years research

Good
I'm a good writer

Get in Tier 1 for UoP and you will probably get an interview. From what I have seen, your GPA is right on the border (a rep on my campus told me they look for 3.6, but lower have obviously gotten in), so applying early will help. Your experience will help, too.

Hi guys, any input would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

a. All California Schools (California Northstate, USC, Loma Linda, Touro, UCSD, UCSF, UOP, Western) and a lot of the mid tier and low tier schools out of state
b. Overall GPA: 3.28 (have my bachelor's in Biochemistry...still need to take about 5 prereq classes during the year at my local CC)
c. Math/Science GPA: 2.9
e. Complete PCAT scores: Taking in July. Getting about mid 70's on practice PCATs
f. Pharmacy experience obtained: 1 year (~400 hours) of volunteering at private retail pharmacy and also a private compounding pharmacy. PTCB certified (applying for my California license at the moment)
g. Date of application submission: Applying in July when PharmCAS opens
h. Number of LORs and source of LORs: 1) Pharmacist (great LOR); 2) clinical research mentor M.D. (great LOR); 3) biochem prof (mediocre LOR); 4) supervisor at local temple (great LOR)
i. Non-pharmacy work and/or volunteer experience: 6 years of clinical research experience at UCSF. 1 poster presentation. writing 4 papers to be submitted to academic journals. volunteer work at local temple and hospital
j. Self-perception of interview skills: average
k. Overall impression of personal statement quality: good

A. VCU and Shenandoah
B. Overall GPA: 3.87
C. Math, Bio, and Chem: 4.00
D. PCAT: 91 composite, VA 74, Bio 99, RC 85, QA 45, Chem 81. I think I might have to retake because VCU recommends that all scores be at or above the 70 percentile and I have no idea if they have minimum score for the subsections.
F. pharmacy experience: I am a pharmacy technician with one and a half years of experience.
G. I will try and apply in September because right now I am waiting on a couple of reference letters.
H. LORs: My anatomy and plant physiology teacher; The head pharmacist at work; The owner of the company (he is a pharmacist and the owner of a small retail pharmacy).
I. none (I work 25 hours a week and have taken at least 16 credits a semester).
J. Interview skills: I can do a good job here or at least think that I can.
K. Personal statement: good

I haven't completed a bachelors degree yet, but I already qualify for a chem minor and I am 15 credits away from graduating with a biology degree at VCU.

a. Schools you are applying
All CA schools (except Loma Linda and UOP), + OOS low-mid tier schools (but not sure which fit in here. But i have: Midwestern glendale arizona, roseman, pacific oregon, washington state, maybe midwestern chicago, MCPHS.
b. Overall GPA
~3.15
c. Math/Science GPA
~3.0-3.1
d. GPA in last one years
Took 2 quarters of human A&P at CC after graduating from UC. got A for both.
VA 33
RC 29
BIO 79
CHEM 99
QA 99
No essay scores yet, just took in july 17th.
Composite of 93.
Around 6 months of pharmacy technician at retail.
Applying in August
3 (1 from the pharmacist where i work, 1 from human A&P professor, 1 from clinic volunteer coordinator)
-Around 1.5 years of volunteering at medical clinic (it's basically a pharmacy+clinic for low income and homeless). Have around 150+ hours. It's ongoing.
-4 months of Radiology department in medical center.
Okay
Not the best writer in the world, but It's all i am focusing now.

English is my second language (although i came to states when i was 13)
Graduated from UC last year with BS biotech
Low VA, RC but high Chem, Math and composite score
Low GPA
Doesnt really have various of volunteer experiences.
Thanks in advance!

Hey guys,
I am currently going into my senior year of college and am going through the application process to attend pharmacy school for fall 2015 cycle. This summer I have sort of been going through a blueprint of what schools I want to apply to after I took the PCAT on the 17th. I am from the MA area, so I mainly want to apply to the New England area, but venture a little father with some applications. I have a decent gpa that's strong in math/science, but my PCAT scores weren't as good as I liked. I am also fairly involved on campus with extracurriculars.

GPA: 3.74

PCAT:
Verbal: 52%
Bio: 79%
Reading: 60%
Math: 45% (ouch..)
Chem: 68%
Comp: 64%

Extracurriculars/Experience:
-Student Government Association
-Class VP (3 Years)
-Class Senator (3 Years)
-VP for Academic Affairs (This upcoming year)

-Orientation Leader
-Organic Chemistry Tutor (Going on 2 Years)
-Shadowed hospital/retail pharmacist for a semester

Thinking of Applying:

1. MCPHS Boston
2. MCPHS Worcester
3. Northeastern
4. UCONN
5. University of Illinois at Chicago (Stretch)
6. U Maryland (Stretch)

Any criticism is welcome, thank you

3.22 pharmcas gpa
70 pcat
C+ in both ochem lectures( A's in labs), all other grades are B's and A's
160 shadowing hours, walgreens and a rural clinic setting
over a hundred hours of paid lab research/biology tutor
also a four semester unpaid research project
30 hours volunteer in convalescent home
Upward trend GPA
Bachelors in Biology minor in Biochemistry

applying to
Hawaii ED (I earned my undergrad at a school in hawaii)
touro ca
oregon pacific
regis
midwestern az and chicago
Roseman
ca northstate
western

I've been debating whether or not to do this so here it is, be brutally honest, I know I have crappy Ochem grades.
open to any suggestions to schools

i posted in a thread like this before but i'm thinking of applying to two more schools and wanna know what my chances are with the new additions.

a. Schools you are applying to: south university and Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine School of Pharmacy
b. Overall GPA: 3.2
c. Math/Science GPA: 3.3
d. GPA in last one or two school years: 3.5
e. Complete PCAT scores (or just composite): 53 composite :(
f. Pharmacy experience obtained: volunteering at hospital and shadowing a pharmacist
g. Date of application submission (PharmCAS/primary and secondary): i wanna submit my app early so around november or december of 2010.

h. Number of LORs and source of LORs: hopefully 4. A&P professor, volunteer organizer at hospital, orgo professor, soup kitchen coordinator.
i. Non-pharmacy work and/or volunteer experience: volunteer at soup kitchen, work at target and worked at mcdonalds.
j. Self-perception of interview skills: fair
k. Overall impression of personal statement quality: ok. i gotta keep working on it

Hey, did you get into Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine School of Pharmacy? :)

a. Creighton and LECOM Distance Pathways ONLY. I have 3 kids, two are non-verbal and have autism so I need distance because Pharmacy School doesn't pay.
b. Overall GPA: 3:02 according to UIC but 3.22 according to my old school so Im not sure (they didnt accept all my courses at UIC? But Im not sure if the other schools will)
c. Math/Science GPA will be about 3.33
d. GPA in last one or two school years Not sure honestly? I had straight Bs one semester, then 3-4 As and one C. Then all As. I assume around a 3.5
e. Complete PCAT scores (or just composite) N/A not taken yet. Considering September or a waiver. I am nervous. I usually test well. I've never been below a 97% on any standardized test but I know the PCAT is different :/ But a waiver, to me, looks bad.
f. Pharmacy experience obtained None. Working on that. I will be applying as a technician and tackling the PTCE. My fiance works at Walgreens so he is going to try to help me get in.
g. Date of application submission (PharmCAS/primary and secondary) Not sure... I am thinking I will apply in mid-September. I was going to go for Early Decision but I want to wait until I can attempt the PCAT and get some experience started.

h. Number of LORs and source of LORs - 2 so far. One biology TA who's course I got an A in and my Organic Chemistry professor. I will be requesting more. I had most of my courses online before so Im going to request from my recent professors.
i. Non-pharmacy work and/or volunteer experience - The plan is to volunteer and many small events in Chicago in August (my break). Volunteered virtually transcribing, going to be doing volunteer journalism virtually, plan to volunteer at a children's hospital in my area, and I have been a volunteer tutor since I was a child so I will also be doing that again now that my classes are ending (face-to-face) and I have more time. In the past I have also been a volunteer music "teacher" when I was younger among other things but those are the more recent ones.
j. Self-perception of interview skills - I interview very well. I have never had an interview go badly or been rejected after an interview in my entire life. If I can be offered an interview, I think I can get in.
k. Overall impression of personal statement quality - I have written a bit on a professional level so I am not worried about my statement whatsoever... It is my stats and lack of current experience I am concerned with. I will explain under "special circumstances" that I could not walk for 6 months in 2016 so I was unable to physically volunteer or get experience and then I also have 3 children, 2 who are mostly non-verbal so I had to prioritize and do school first then start volunteering and getting experience once I had fewer courses left.