*~*WAMC (what are my chances?) Megathread*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
a. Schools you are applying to: Mercer, Belmont, Lipscomb, University of Houston, UAMS
b. Overall GPA: 3.32
c. Math/Science GPA: 3.12
d. GPA in last one or two school years: fall 2009- 3.7 spring 2010-3.9
e. Complete PCAT scores (or just composite): 71%
f. Pharmacy experience obtained: volunteered at pharmacy for 1 year
g. Date of application submission (PharmCAS/primary and secondary): sep 5, 2010

Additionally, the following will help us gauge your chances but are more optional:
h. Number of LORs and source of LORs: 4 letter of recommendation from the principal investigator/supervisor of my lab, cvs pharmacist, health advisory committee, and academic adviser/professor or a&p teacher

i. Non-pharmacy work and/or volunteer experience
under my NIH grant I conduct nanoparticle research (1 year in, will graduate from college with 2 years research experience + my 1 year biophysics research experience from my senior year in high school), volunteer at the Arkansas department of human services, Arkansas Commitment, Are you MAD (making a difference club), Phi Sigma Pi Honors Fraternity, peer reviewer of vandy's undergraduate research journal, fund-raising chair of the pre-pharm society

j. Self-perception of interview skills: average
k. Overall impression of personal statement quality: above average
You're grades are average along with your PCAT scores.. but you're extracurriculars definitely make you stand out. The upward trend in your grades will definitely help you out as well.

Will you have a BS by the end of the school year? How much school have you completed? If you have a BS/have multiple undergraduate school years under your belt that will only help you.

If you get at interview, which I'm thinking you will, definitely go on a few mock interview/look at the interview question bank on sdn that way you'll be plenty prepared for it.

Members don't see this ad.

HI,

I am Junior at UIC working on my BS in Biology major, I have been working as a Pharmacy Tech for a year and my Science GPA is 3.57 and overall 3.51. I already submitted my PharmCas application and working on my supplement.I am applying to
Purdue University
MCPHS in Boston
Pacific University in OR

I haven't take PCAT yet.

What are my chances?
any extra-curriculars????
Who wrote your LOR's???

There's a reason why everyone else filled out 'the form' found at the beginning of the forum.

a. University of Michigan (top choice, have moved my whole life around to go there), UNC-CH, Wayne State
b. Overall GPA: 3.95
c. Math and Science GPA 4.0
d. GPA in last one or two school years: 4.0
e. Complete PCAT scores (or just composite): don't know yet :(
f. Pharmacy experience obtained: 1 year part time tech, 1 year CPhT/Lead Technician (will be 2 years by the start of school)
g. Date of application submission (PharmCAS/primary and secondary): Sept 20/Sept 30

h. Number of LORs and source of LORs: 4 PIC where I am lead tech, pharmacist from another location, undergraduate advisor and professor, graduate advisor
i. Non-pharmacy work and/or volunteer experience: 6 years of research experience in psychology including 2 years as a PhD student in a Behavioral Neuroscience program at UNC
j. Self-perception of interview skills: adequate to good
k. Overall impression of personal statement quality: not very good. Struggling with whether or not all of the 'why i left grad school' should go in the PharmCAS or supplementals

Members don't see this ad :)
a. Schools you are applying to: UT Austin, Texas Tech, TX A&M Kingsville, & Univ of Houston
b. Overall GPA: 3.00
c. Math/Science GPA: 3.19
d. GPA in last one or two school years: Not sure since I'm waiting for my transcripts from UT Health Science Center but it should be between 3.0 to 3.5
e. Complete PCAT scores (or just composite): Don't know yet since I'm taking the October test but last time I took it about 4 years ago & it was in the 80% range for the composite
f. Pharmacy experience obtained:I have worked as a CPhT for 5 years at a Walmart pharmacy, 1 year at Caremark & 3 months at Aetna. Plus I completed two pharmacy tech internships each consisting of 160 hours each. one was at a University clinic and the other at a hospital pharmacy
g. Date of application submission (PharmCAS/primary and secondary): Currently working on the applications
h. Number of LORs and source of LORs: 4 LORs; 1 from my current supervisor who is a Medical Technologist, 1 from a PIC who I worked for at Walmart, 1 from another pharmacist who I also worked with, and 1 from one of my professors from UT Health Science Center
i. Non-pharmacy work and/or volunteer experience: I have been working as a Medical Technologist for the past 2 years at a cancer clinic. I honestly do not have much volunteer work. I have only volunteered with a MathCounts and did some Christmas volunteering which consisted of helping to wrap presents
j. Self-perception of interview skills: I feel pretty confident in this area & would rate myself as above average
k. Overall impression of personal statement quality: I have not begun my statement yet but will be covering the challenges I have faced from working 2 jobs & going to school to obtain my first BS. I will, also, be discussing how I obtained my second BS while raising a family

I have not worked as a CPhT since 2006 but still maintain my certification. I am applying to pharmacy school because I do miss the field but I do not want to go back as a pharmacy tech. I currently work at a cancer clinic where cancer patients get their chemo & radiation treatments. I find the oncology field very interesting & hope to work as an oncology pharmacist in the future.

You're grades are average along with your PCAT scores.. but you're extracurriculars definitely make you stand out. The upward trend in your grades will definitely help you out as well.

Will you have a BS by the end of the school year? How much school have you completed? If you have a BS/have multiple undergraduate school years under your belt that will only help you.

If you get at interview, which I'm thinking you will, definitely go on a few mock interview/look at the interview question bank on sdn that way you'll be plenty prepared for it.

Yes, I will receive my BS in Spring 2011. I really want to go to UH. Do I have any chance of getting into there?

a. NEOUCOP, U of Cincy, U of Pitt, LECOM
b. Overall GPA: 3.38
c. Science GPA: 3.27
d. Last Year GPA: 3.40
e. Took the PCAT haven't gotten the scores back... but I'm a very good test taker.
f. Work in Giant Eagle Pharmacy as a tech for the past 5 months.
g. Date of application submission 9/1/2010 for the pharmcas
h. 4 LORs, 1 from my pharmacist, 1 from the assistant chair of the chemistry department, 1 from my research advisor, 1 from a physician I volunteered with.
i. free clinic, worked at various summer camps, undergrad inorganic research
j. Personal statement is complete and everyone who read it thought it was good.

Junior

Bio Sci Major

3.2 GPA

100 hours as a volunteer pharmacy assistant

-Taking the CphT exam in two months

50 hours as a social services volunteer (food lines, etc.)

-Planning to volunteer and help people in Mexico for Flying Sams

Helped to start a multicultural fraternity (not yet chartered)

What are my chances of getting into a california based pharm school, such as USC, LLU, WesternU, UoP?

What should I start looking into at this point in time?

Input, advice, or what-have-you welcomed.

Thanks guys and sorry if there is already a thread for this kind of thing.

Do your best to raise your GPA from 3.2 to something a little more in the 3.4-3.6 range, but aside from that, you look to be completely on the right track.

I presume that there's a reason you're not applying this cycle? (Since you're a junior, unless you're a rising junior, that is).

a. Schools you are applying to
Ferris State, Wayne State, East Tennessee, U of Iowa, Washington State
b. Overall GPA - ~3.53
c. Math/Science GPA ~3.43. all my science classes are B's or better though...
d. GPA in last one or two school years - 3.79
e. Complete PCAT scores (or just composite) - took it aug 21, waiting on scores :scared:
f. Pharmacy experience obtained- CPhT since '07, retail tech for 2 1/2 years, hospital tech for 1/2 year
Member of Pre-pharmacy association
g. Date of application submission (PharmCAS/primary and secondary)
by sept 31st

Additionally, the following will help us gauge your chances but are more optional:
h. Number of LORs and source of LORs
3 - 1. pharmacy manager 2. pharmacy law professor at Ferris 3. pharmacist (I know I'm heavy on pharmacists but I don't really have any professor that I had a close relationship with that would write me a strong letter)
I think I have 3 solid ones...but the professor one I'm not so sure about..
Youth soccer ref for 4 years, youth soccer coach for 1 year, blood drive volunteer, local YMCA volunteer
j. Self-perception of interview skills - okay..average. not that great. I get in a weird tunnel vision zone when I get into interviews...
k. Overall impression of personal statement quality
I think it's average... I can't get it to say what I want, but it's a work in progress.
user_online.gif
progress.gif

Junior

Bio Sci Major

3.2 GPA

100 hours as a volunteer pharmacy assistant

-Taking the CphT exam in two months

50 hours as a social services volunteer (food lines, etc.)

-Planning to volunteer and help people in Mexico for Flying Sams

Helped to start a multicultural fraternity (not yet chartered)

What are my chances of getting into a california based pharm school, such as USC, LLU, WesternU, UoP?

What should I start looking into at this point in time?

Input, advice, or what-have-you welcomed.

Thanks guys and sorry if there is already a thread for this kind of thing.

How will getting into pharmacy school help you be a dentist? Nah, I'm just teasing, I am sure you meant to pick pre-pharmacy.

Your app looks fine to me. Good Luck!

Will earn BA in Biology by August 2012
a. Schools you are applying to:
Purdue University, Pacific University of Oregon, MCPHS
b. Overall GPA
c. Math/Science GPA
d. GPA in last one or two school years
e. Complete PCAT scores
haven't take yet
f. Pharmacy experience obtained
Certified Pharmacy Technician
Working in WalMart pharmacy since September 2009
Around August
3 LORs. One from the Pharmacy Manager (Pharmacist) and one from chemical lab supervisor my past employer. The last from my Anatomy professor
Volunteer in Hospital in Pediatric department about 96 hours
participated in other club activities for 60 hours
received president award from my college
also received two scholarships from my college
j. Self-perception of interview skills
Very good, I have received mostly every job I have ever interviewed for.
Very Strong Personal Statement, my professor who proofread my essay was telling me that if i would be admission committee I would definitely give you an admission

Do your best to raise your GPA from 3.2 to something a little more in the 3.4-3.6 range, but aside from that, you look to be completely on the right track.

I presume that there's a reason you're not applying this cycle? (Since you're a junior, unless you're a rising junior, that is).

I plan to apply my senior year primarily because I want to raise my gpa towards the 3.4-3.6 range, like you said. But idk, should I still try to apply even from where I stand right now?

How will getting into pharmacy school help you be a dentist? Nah, I'm just teasing, I am sure you meant to pick pre-pharmacy.

Your app looks fine to me. Good Luck!

Haha whoops, thanks for pointing it out. pre-pharm ftw! :cool:

a. Schools you are applying to: Univ of Houston, Univ of Texas, Texas Southern Univ
b. Overall GPA
c. Math/Science GPA
3.5/3.975
e. Complete PCAT scores (or just composite)
VA - 77
Bio - 90
RC - 60
QA - 75
Chm - 58
comp -79
7 months at CVS (tech certified)
dec 2010
3 letters 2 from pharmacy managers, one from PhD professor
volunteering at animal shelter for 3 months

I graduated Magna Cum Laude with a B.S. in Biochemical and Biophysical Sciences with 2 years experience in a biochemistry research lab.

Any thoughts, opinions, criticisms, or advice is greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)
UGA, Mercer, LECOM, Belmont, ETSU, Lipscomb, Temple
b. Overall GPA
3.01 - BS Degree in Psychology from UGA Awarded
c. Math/Science GPA
2.9 maybe...I still have three more science classes (One I'm retaking--Ochem--and I'm making an A so far)
~3.15
e. Complete PCAT scores
taking oct 16. Using Kaplan PCAT and Dr. Collins Prep Study Guide. Studying at least 6 hours/day
Just started a Pharm Tech job at Kroger on Monday...planning to work there until matriculation...I decided on the pre-pharmacy late in the game...after I had graduated earlier this year, but thankfully, I had taken most of my pre-reqs already
Will submit apps in Dec. when final grade for ochem comes in. After my pcat, I will finish up apps, so the only thing I will be waiting on is that grade.
3 LORs. One from pharmacist, one from ochem teacher (he's also in charge of the pre-health professionals club which I'm secretary in), and Greek life advisor from UGA
Lots of volunteer work:
Habitat for Humanity, Boys and Girls Club, Raksha - Domestic Violence Prevention, Partnership Walks, Aids Walks, Breast Cancer Walks, Be the Change Days, River/Park Clean ups, Halloween fair for children with diabetes at a hospital, Thomas Lay after school program, Helping high school students with college applications, teaching non-native speakers (children) how to better their English speaking skills.
Non-pharmacy work/ECs:
Founding member of my Greek organization, as well as holding each executive position at least once in my 4 years.
VP of a Greek Council
Planned and executed (with help of course) a show that more than 2000 people attend annually
Freshman Representative
Pre-Professional Health Club -Secretary
I worked for a year and 1/2 at the campus bookstore in customer service while in college
Very good interview skills. Great eye contact, attentiveness, answers with substance, confident--can hide nervousness well. Great public speaking skills (I had to address groups of people all the time at UGA) I've been hired for every job I've applied for.
Not done with it yet...a bit lost as to which route to go in...what personal experiences to highlight...it'll take me a lot of drafts, but I'll get it done and proofread

by spring 2011 my GPA (both) will be a lot higher than it is...with the addition of doing well in my remaining 4 classes

Thank you for taking the time to read and analyze this!
Can you please tell me, in your opinions, WAMC?

Good day all. I'm applying for fall 2011. Here are some of my stats:

3.52 Overall GPA
3.68 Pre-req GPA
73 Composite on PCAT (60s on Bio/Chem)
30 hours of pharmacy volunteering experience (working 2 jobs now and had to stop volunteering this past summer)
B.S. in Biology in 2007

I started some work on a PhD but decided to switch gears after 2 years in the program. I have included my explanation in my personal statement. Hopefully, this helps me more than hurt me during my interview. What do you guys think? My PCAT could've been higher if I would've really brushed up on the science sections. I decided to not retake it and continue with the application process.

Apps: Mercer, South Univ. Campbell & Wingate

a. Schools applying to: Illinois-Chicago, Midwestern CCP, Wisconisn, Florida, Ohio State, Iowa, Chicago State (maybe) (also thinking about adding one or two more schools)
b. Overall GPA: 3.37 (had a 2.9 after my freshman year)
c. Math/Science GPA: 3.15 (my upper level biology course alone is 3.8)
d. GPA the last one or two years: 3.8 last year and 3.6 in last two years
e. Complete PCAT scores: Verbal-50
Bio- 88
Chem- 96
Reading- 69
Math- 59
Composite- 83
f. Pharmacy experience: 110 hours of total shadowing. 50 hours shadowing at hospital and 60 hours shadowing at retail
g. Date of application submission: Hope to have everything submitted by this Friday
h. LoRs: 3 letters in total. 2 from pharmacist (one from hospital and one from retail) and one from bio professor
i. Non-pharmacy work: 4 years working in retail every summer. Also member of Indian student association
j. Self-impression of interview skills: Good
k. Impression of personal statement: Good

I graduated in May from a state university with a B.S. in bio. It would be great if you can let me know how you think I would fair. Also thanks for your help

Last edited:
a. Rutgers, Virginia Commonwealth, Campbell, Wingate, Howard, Albany, Purdue
b. cumulative gpa=3.51
c. math/sci gpa=3.51 (that's not a mistake, my cumulative gpa and math/sci gpa are exactly the same)
d. gpa in last 2 yrs=3.73
e. took it in august, still waiting
f. 4+ yrs pharmacy technician (35 hours/week, but i'm NOT CPhT)
g. date of pharmcas submission 9/17

h. 3 LORS- one from my boss of 4 years who is RPh-in charge, one from a staff pharmacist who is a recent PharmD graduate, one from my chemistry professor who I had for Chem 1, Chem 2, and Org 1
i. Non-pharmacy work and/or volunteer experience- practically none
j. Self-perception of interview skills- could use a little improvement, but I'm very personable, I just get tripped up when I'm nervous
k. Overall impression of personal statement quality- positive, it came from the heart, and I had several people review/proof-read it (THANKS to all those here on SDN :) ).

**edit: in addition, I have my BA in Sociology from Seton Hall

positive and constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Posted this on page 1 but didn't get a response. Also changed a couple things:

Might as well post here since I am finally applying this cycle:

Background:
- BS from WPI in Humanities '06
- 2yrs (during college) pharmacy experience
- Starting at a hospital this month (September)
- CPhT
- Naval Officer from 2006-2010
- Aided in the setup of a pharmacy in Haiti during Operation Unified Response.

a. Schools you are applying to: MCPHS, VCU, Mercer, San Diego, University of Minnesota, and Albany COP @ Colchester, VT campus

b. Overall GPA: 3.0 (Bachelors), 4.0 (Post-Bac)

c. Math/Science GPA: 2.8 (4.0 Post-Bac - (Gen Chem/Orgo/Micro/A&P))

e. Complete PCAT scores (or just composite): October/January PCAT
Pearson Practice Composite of about 70-80

f. Pharmacy experience obtained: 2 years as a tech in retail, starting in a hospital in September, 2010.

g. Date of application submission: 10/2010

h. Number of LORs and source of LORs: (4) Air Force Pharmacist, Doctor (D.O.)/Boss, Biology Professor, Senior Naval Officer

i. Non-pharmacy work and/or volunteer experience: Naval Officer.

j. Self-perception of interview skills: Exceptional.

k. Overall impression of personal statement quality: Above average.

Thank you!

Am just looking for some feedback about applying...new to this whole process. I have a BA in Piano Performance, various academic awards from my college (including excellence in Chemistry, outstanding achievement for Fine Arts department...) and have my other info listed below. Also am wondering if I should retake the pcat again in oct. I got 74 (a first time taker) but my chm and math subscores were 69.

a. Schools you are applying to: UF, Mercer, Creighton, Campbell, Iowa, Creighton, Colorado
b. Overall GPA: 3.99
c. Math/Science GPA: 4.0
d. GPA in last one or two school years: 4.0
e. Complete PCAT scores: 74%
f. Pharmacy experience obtained: 1 and a half yrs of volunteer work - about 350-400 hours; medical mission trip (worked in the pharmacy)
g. Date of application submission (PharmCAS/primary and secondary): August 2010
h. Number of LORs and source of LORs:
4 - pharmacist, chemistry professor, biology professor, employer
i. Non-pharmacy work and/or volunteer experience:
in charge of the kids programs at church, work at a YMCA, teach private piano, perform in piano concerts, 100+volunteer hours in pediatrics at hospital, black belt, was involved in various leadership positions during college,
j. Self-perception of interview skills: great. enjoy talking/interacting with/meeting people and dont really get nervous -
k. Overall impression of personal statement quality - had great feedback about it!

Please let me know what you all think. Thanks!

a. Schools you are applying to- UIC, Midwestern University IL

b. Overall GPA- 4.00

c. Math/Science GPA-4.00

d. GPA in last one or two school years-4.00

e. Complete PCAT scores (or just composite)-64 :( It was my first attempt. My Bio and Chem scores are on the 80s but I bombed the other 3 sections especially RC (English is my second language) Essay: 3.0/3.0

f. Pharmacy experience obtained- 2 years working in retail as a CPhT

g. Date of application submission (PharmCAS/primary and secondary)- first week of October

h. Number of LORs and source of LORs- 2 LORs, 1 from a pharmacy manager and the 2nd from my Gen. Chemistry professor

i. Non-pharmacy work and/or volunteer experience- worked 1 year as a cashier/ retail associate, 94 hours of volunteer experience in a hospital pharmacy, joining PTK
j. Self-perception of interview skills- I think I have great interview skills
k. Overall impression of personal statement quality- Decent

I don't have a degree and I'm doing all my pre reqs in a CC. According to the PharmCAS website, the schools I'll be applying to don't set a minimum PCAT score but stated that the average PCAT scores are in the 70s. Will my low PCAT score hurt my chances? Will I even be considered for an interview? I didn't register for the October PCAT. I'm not going to have enough time to study for it since I'm taking classes this fall and I'm working as well.

Univ. of Charleston, Notre Dame MD, Jefferson, Albany College of Pharm, Auburn
b. Overall GPA
2.88 (Should be 2.93 or so after this semester)
c. Math/Science GPA
2.30 or so :( Should also increase
3.2 both semesters last year
First taken was 64, Second taken was 77. (Composites)
None :(
Just waiting on LOR

2 from professors, 1 from pharmacist who is a good friend of mine. (Have helped him out at pharmacy a few times but only as volunteering)
Not much. Helped at animal shelter and hospital but nothing often.
Pretty solid with interviews.
Personal impression, not too bad, but could be better. Will be having it proofread hopefully by one of the mods here. :D

Also forgot to add that I have a B.S. in Biology

a. UF, Mercer, South, Nova, UNC, Wingate, Campbell, UGA, Auburn, Samford

b. Overall GPA: 3.56

c. Math/Science GPA: 3.44

d. GPA in last one or two school years: 3.47

e. Complete PCAT scores (or just composite): 69% Comp, Chem: 85, Bio: 71, Quant: 55 , RC: 34, Verbal : 77

f. Pharmacy experience obtained: Shadowing a Compound pharmacist for over 50 hrs

g. Date of application submission (PharmCAS/primary and secondary): Sept: 29th

h. Number of LORs and source of LORs: 4 LOR : 1 from Physics Professor, 1 from past employer, 1 from Dr. that I worked with in research lab, 1 from pharmacist

i. Non-pharmacy work and/or volunteer experience: have worked over 30 hours a week at every job I've had while in college. also an officer in my pre-health club I'm in. over 50 hours of volunteering with United Way. research on Schiff bases

j. Self-perception of interview skills: Above average

k. Overall impression of personal statement quality: average or slightly above

What do you think?

Also forgot to add I'll have my BA in Chemical Science when I'm done.

I am graduating with my BS in Biology and a minor in Biochemistry this spring

MCPHS-Worcester, SUNY Buffalo, LECOM-Erie, Thomas Jefferson, VCU
b. Overall GPA - 3.567
c. Math/Science GPA ~3.62. I have a C in Physics I and a C+ in BIO II, but I have a lot of 300 and 400 level biology classes such as Neurobiology, Microbiology, Pharmacology with A's in all those classes...
d. GPA in last one or two school years - 3.788 over the last 2 years
e. Complete PCAT scores:

Verbal Ability- 68 (412)
Biology- 71 (414)
Reading Comprehension- 52 (404)
Quantitative Ability- 74 (420)
Chemistry- 91 (439)

Composite- 77 (418)

f. Pharmacy experience obtained- Been working as a pharmacy technician for two months

by November 1st

4 - 1. Professor 2. Pharmacist 3. Professor (Ph.D Student-But taught graduate level Neurobiology course) 4. Professor
I am pretty confident in my LOR's i think that they will all write really good ones.

I am a biology tutor, I have been doing Alzheimer's research for almost 2 years and presented at a few conferences,

j. Self-perception of interview skills - I have great interview skills so if i am fortunate enough to get one i think my chances are decent

I am still working on it but its not anything spectacular it will probably be similar to every other persons personal statement

College of Notre Dame MD, UMD Eastern Shore, Howard U, Mercer U, Wingate U, LECOM Bradenton and Erie
b. Overall GPA - 3.58
c. Math/Science GPA 3.4.
d. GPA in last one or two school years - 3.73 (Spring 2010)
e. Complete PCAT scores (or just composite) - 67%
f. Pharmacy experience obtained- Children's National Medical Center Department of Pharmacy- 1 year (August 2008-August 2009)
4. Pharmacist, Organic Chem Professor, Gen Chem Professor, and A&P Professor
I work in my organic chemistry professor's research lab. I started Summer 2010.
j. Self-perception of interview skills - I believe that I can communicate my thoughts clearly. The pharmacist that I worked with told me that I should not have any problem with the interview.
k. Overall impression of personal statement quality: I have not written it yet.

Hello :) I just want to see what you guys think about my stats. My PCAT isnt that great but I will be retaking next June. I am not applying until next fall.

Hoping for a Biochemistry Major with Math minor complete May 2012...this is my 3rd year in undergrad, I'm applying hoping to get in =O

So far no idea :scared: applying to UIC, Midwestern - IL campus, and SIU

b. Overall GPA

c. Math/Science GPA
-still taking math & science classes, it'd be 3.49 after all A's this semester and 3.59 if I can get all A's in spring)

It fluctuated because last spring raped my gpa, fall '09: 3.5 --> spring '10: 2.7

72, then 79

approaching 1 year in retail, working on getting some shadowing hours in...

haven't submitted, still waiting for gpa calculations & last transcript :scared: and also trying to decide on what other schools to add...

3 - pharmacy manager, lawyer I've worked for, researcher that I work for

no volunteer :scared:
been working in a graduate professor's lab since June '10
worked every summer from '06-'09 in a lawyer's office (probably doesn't do anything)
other jobs not worth mentioning

I'm pretty good with interviews...it's where I shine.

It's ok I suppose, English is my second language so I had at least 3 people pour over the draft. It's neat and organized. >.<

I know my app isn't strong, but still...:xf:

Still flipping through what schools to apply for, I feel like 3 is not enough =(

Any advice? In any topic? =(

Last edited:
haven't submitted, still waiting for gpa calculations & last transcript :scared: and also trying to decide on what other schools to add...

You can wait all you want but it won't get calculated. They do nothing until you pay up. You can also decide on other schools later after selecting a few to start with.

You can also decide on other schools later after selecting a few to start with.

:eek: I definitely called to ask, and the guy on the phone said no...And looking at FAQs again, it says yes...wtf?:confused: *headdesks*

Last edited:
I have a BS in Biology w minor in Chem

a. Schools you are applying to -- not sure yet :confused:
b. Overall GPA - 3.23
c. Math/Science GPA 3.01
d. GPA in last one or two school years - 3.38 (Spring 2010)
e. Complete PCAT scores (or just composite) - 57%
f. Pharmacy experience obtained- none :( but working on my pharm tech license
h. Number of LORs and source of LORs - 3 *pharmacist, academic advisor & Professor
i. Non-pharmacy work and/or volunteer experience - lot of volunteer experience most health related
j. Self-perception of interview skills - above average
k. Overall impression of personal statement quality: :thumbup::thumbup:

My PCAT scores are horrible but im retaking them :xf:

How do you have no pharmacy experience but a LOR from a pharmacist?

a. Schools you are applying to NEOUCOM
b. Overall GPA 3.76
c. Math/Science GPA 3.51
d. GPA in last one or two school years 3.89
e. Complete PCAT scores (or just composite) Haven't taken yet - Practice tests are about 85 percentile
f. Pharmacy experience obtained none
g. Date of application submission (PharmCAS/primary and secondary) 9-25-2010 and 9-27-2010

h. Number of LORs and source of LORs One from a physician and one from my research professor
i. Non-pharmacy work and/or volunteer experience I have been working as a server for my entire college career and I have also been working in a microbiology research lab.
j. Self-perception of interview skills I do very well with interviews
k. Overall impression of personal statement quality The personal statement is above average.

Last edited:
a. Schools you are applying to :Wayne State, Ferris State, University of Michigan, Midwestern - Chicago
b. Overall GPA: 3.90
c. Math/Science GPA: 3.92
d. GPA in last one or two school years: 3.96

.Writing: Conventions/Solving
3 / 3 (Mean: 2.87/2.88)

Verbal: 58 :(
Biology: 84
Reading: 52 :(
Quant: 74
Chem: 93
Composite: 80.

2.5 years hospital pharmacy experience + 'CPhT' certificate

12/1/10

3 LORs. 2 pharmacists (one is supervisor), Chem prof.

100+ hours hospital pharmacy, ~38 hours other
Pre-Pharm society, ACS

Pretty good, I don't really get nervous around 'superiors' or anything. Have worked with other health care people for a while and know a lot about the pharmacy field in general.

Haven't written it up yet but I have it all planned out.

So, how am i doing so far???
I am a sophomore I plan to graduate w/ a B.S. in Biochemistry and a minor in Spanish from UIC 2013, I wont apply for awhile

a. I would like to apply to UIC, Midwestern (IL), possibly somewhere else
b. c.gpa 3.37
c. s.gpa 3.00
Classes I've taken so far...
Bio 1&2 (took AP in high school)
English 160-A
English 161-A
Gen Chem 1-B
Gen Chem 2-B
Calc 1-A
Calc 2-C :mad:
Understanding Chicago-A
Good and Evil-A
This Semester i'm taking intro to psych, microecon, spanish 104 and organic chem
e. I'm planing to start taking/studying for the PCAT this summer
f. Pharm expierance:1 year at Osco pharmacy, working on getting my CPht and i plan to continue to work there through Pharm School
h. LORS: need to get to know my professors, i already know my pharmacists:)
i. Non-pharm expierance:NONE!!! i'm planning to join pre-pharm club this year and sing/play violin at my church again ( i did it in high school but stopped after i graduated) honors college
i have fear is not getting a lot of volunteering/extracurricular activities since work kind of takes up a lot of time.
my biggest fear is not getting A's in any of my science classes, which i would really like.
thanks in advanced :D

You seem to have the right ideas...now you just gotta implement them!

Make sure you do well on the rest of your Prereqs...most notably Orgo I+II and Anatomy!

So, how am i doing so far???
I am a sophomore I plan to graduate w/ a B.S. in Biochemistry and a minor in Spanish from UIC 2013, I wont apply for awhile

a. I would like to apply to UIC, Midwestern (IL), possibly somewhere else
b. c.gpa 3.37
c. s.gpa 3.00
Classes I've taken so far...
Bio 1&2 (took AP in high school)
English 160-A
English 161-A
Gen Chem 1-B
Gen Chem 2-B
Calc 1-A
Calc 2-C :mad:
Understanding Chicago-A
Good and Evil-A
This Semester i'm taking intro to psych, microecon, spanish 104 and organic chem
e. I'm planing to start taking/studying for the PCAT this summer
f. Pharm expierance:1 year at Osco pharmacy, working on getting my CPht and i plan to continue to work there through Pharm School
h. LORS: need to get to know my professors, i already know my pharmacists:)
i. Non-pharm expierance:NONE!!! i'm planning to join pre-pharm club this year and sing/play violin at my church again ( i did it in high school but stopped after i graduated) honors college
i have fear is not getting a lot of volunteering/extracurricular activities since work kind of takes up a lot of time.
my biggest fear is not getting A's in any of my science classes, which i would really like.
thanks in advanced :D

LOL who are you? I'm at UIC as well...and in honors college too :laugh: small world eh?

a. Schools you are applying to :Wayne State, Ferris State, University of Michigan, Midwestern - Chicago
b. Overall GPA: 3.90
c. Math/Science GPA: 3.92
d. GPA in last one or two school years: 3.96

.Writing: Conventions/Solving
3 / 3 (Mean: 2.87/2.88)

Verbal: 58 :(
Biology: 84
Reading: 52 :(
Quant: 74
Chem: 93
Composite: 80.

2.5 years hospital pharmacy experience + 'CPhT' certificate

12/1/10

3 LORs. 2 pharmacists (one is supervisor), Chem prof.

100+ hours hospital pharmacy, ~38 hours other
Pre-Pharm society, ACS

Pretty good, I don't really get nervous around 'superiors' or anything. Have worked with other health care people for a while and know a lot about the pharmacy field in general.

Haven't written it up yet but I have it all planned out.

Where did you do your undergrad?

^"Where did you do your undergrad?"

Doing my undergrad at Oakland Univ.

Last edited:
NOVA, UF, LECOM (erie), FAMU
b. Overall GPA
c. Math/Science GPA
e. Complete PCAT scores
69% (english is not my first language)
Retail shadowing
volunteer at hospital pharmacy
sept 09
3 LORs. One from the Pharmacy Manager (Pharmacist) and one from the retail pharmacist i shadowed and one from my counselor
i. Non-pharmacy work
PR assitant for an organization
member of SNPHA
member of pre-pharmacy society
peer mentor for FOS

Very good, I have received mostly every job I have ever interviewed for.
Very Deep Personal Statement
l. Determination
100 %:xf::xf:

Nova and UF
b. Overall GPA
3.61 at UF and 3.95 at Miami Dade
c. Math/Science GPA
Math GPA 4.0 Science 3.75
only took practice exam it was 64 without studying. I take the PCAT oct 16 and I have studied so I am hoping for a high PCAT
Volunteer in pharmacy department in a hospital. One in Miami the other in Gainesville. Part of Pharmacists Without Borders and I hold a leadership position in it.
9/30

3 LORS. All are strong. Two are science professors and the other is a liberal arts professor. All have a doctorate.
Volunteer in hospital non pharmacy areas for three years. Member of a coed honor frat. Banquet co-chair. President of Multicultural Club. Secretary of Key Club in high school (2yr ago).
Strong interview skills
Strong personal statement. Genuine and thorough.

:oops:

Make sure you apply to schools that don't have a minimum PCAT.

Also, have you considered looking at schools that don't even look at the PCAT, ie Purdue?

I already applied to those schools, and when i called they said they were on "rolling admission, and do not have min PCAT and they would look at the entire file."

I looked into Purdue, but it requires Calc 2 so i crossed it off my list.

The schools that do not require PCAT at all, i was gonna apply to:
Florida Agriculture and Mechanical Uni College of Pharmacy
Idaho State Uni College of Pharmacy
University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Pharmacy

I'm gonna wait to apply to these b/c they aren't rolling admission and maybe with luck i'll get into one of the rolling admission schools i applied to and will save money and wont' have to apply to others

Touro Uni Coll of Pharmacy and couple other don't need PCAT but do need a BA so had to cross those off my list

Then couple other like Mass College of Pharmacy don't require PCAT but are hard to get into b/c they are high school programs

Mass Coll of Pharmacy,

Make sure you apply to schools that don't have a minimum PCAT.

Also, have you considered looking at schools that don't even look at the PCAT, ie Purdue?

would you know any other schools that don't require PCAT?

pacific university in oregon (3 yr program) won't look at your PCAT.

Alright thank you! I been calling them but they won't pick up!

I just called Uni Nebraska, and they only have like 200 applicant and accept 100, and she said they look at PCAT but aren't too harsh on it. And they are rolling admission and haven't had applicants yet, i just submitted mine like 5 mins ago

and Oregon just sounds boring :(

I called the NO PCAT California schools, called 5 of them, and they have a LOTTTT of applicants. So i don't know if its worth applying. Also they said most of the students have BA