WAMC with this school list?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrDwayneJohnson

Maester of the Citadel in training
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
My application is focused on underserved populations and is talked about in length in my PS. I personally think I'm a good fit, so hopefully the Admissions Committee feels the same

Members don't see this ad :)
Central Michigan, Geisinger TCMC, the AZ schools accept very few non residents with your MCAT. Consider adding these schools instead:
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Eastern Virginia
Medical College Wisconsin
St. Louis
Creighton
Tulane

That's unfortunate to hear about in regards to the first part.

Creighton essentially told me that my 124 in CARS was too low for them. I never heard back from Jefferson, Tulane, MCW, SLU, or Temple. I think I may throw my hat in with Netter, NYMC, Drexel, and/or EVMS. I'm only hesitant because their CARS 10%iles are all 125 with acceptances/matriculants. Do you think it's worth tossing my hat in regardless or would it be a waste of $156 for the four schools?

That's unfortunate to hear about in regards to the first part.

Creighton essentially told me that my 124 in CARS was too low for them. I never heard back from Jefferson, Tulane, MCW, SLU, or Temple. I think I may throw my hat in with Netter, NYMC, Drexel, and/or EVMS. I'm only hesitant because their CARS 10%iles are all 125 with acceptances/matriculants. Do you think it's worth tossing my hat in regardless or would it be a waste of $156 for the four schools?
I got into Quinnipiac and interviewed at EVMS with a 124 in CARS. You can definitely do it!

I got into Quinnipiac and interviewed at EVMS with a 124 in CARS. You can definitely do it!

Congrats! There's still hope then haha. Are you from the east coast, though?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congrats! There's still hope then haha. Are you from the east coast, though?

I am a native New Yorker so yeah. Not sure how significantly that affects adcom's decisions to interview students though. When I went to second look for Quinnipiac they had students from all over the country. Since EVMS is public, it was a lot of VA residents. Your app overall is very solid. Did you ever consider an MCAT retake?

I am a native New Yorker so yeah. Not sure how significantly that affects adcom's decisions to interview students though. When I went to second look for Quinnipiac they had students from all over the country. Since EVMS is public, it was a lot of VA residents. Your app overall is very solid. Did you ever consider an MCAT retake?

Yes, but I didn't consider it until late April when it was too late to start studying. So I'm just going to hope for the best with my 509 I suppose. Missouri is a bit of a "lucky state" (other than WashU) so that's good news.

It looked like Netter had a regional preference on MSAR, so I think that's why I didn't throw it in there initially.

Central Michigan, Geisinger TCMC, the AZ schools accept very few non residents with your MCAT.

Hey @Faha just realizing this, but a 509 is Central Michigan's 75%ile MCAT for accepted applicants on MSAR. Also 20/100 was their OOS portion of the class. Are those 20 just the top 20%ile of their class in regards to MCAT?

Edit: realized I took down MCAT score. I scored a 509

The MCAT median for non residents is higher for Central Michigan but that data is not available. Those 20 non residents accepted includes former Michigan residents and those who attended Central Michigan for undergraduate school.

The MCAT median for non residents is higher for Central Michigan but that data is not available. Those 20 non residents accepted includes former Michigan residents and those who attended Central Michigan for undergraduate school.

Ahhh, that clears things up. Thank you!