WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilovebananabread000

Reaction score
Date of submission: Sep 9
Overall GPA: 3.65
Science GPA: 3.49
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 21 (no section below 20)

PA 20
AR 20
RC 22
B 22
GC 22
OC 20

State of Residence: No dental schools in my state of residence

Major: Neurobiology
Minor: Public Health and Greek
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 80 but interrupted due to COVID-19 (general dentist -50, Ortho 20, OMFS 10)
Volunteering Experience: >200 in hospital settings, nursing homes, and summer camps.
Research: 500 hours, no publication
Other Extracurriculars: Leadership in organizations (volunteer, student gov, and research)
Relevant Honors or Awards: Scholarships, Dean's List
LOR type and strength: Committee letter - Members include General Dentists, Orthodontist, and Physical Sciences Faculty and Other department (for me it was a languages faculty member)

Tufts
BU
LECOM
Temple
UMN
NYU
Touro
UMD
USC
Western

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Date of submission: Sep 9
Overall GPA: 3.65
Science GPA: 3.49
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 21 (no section below 20)
State of Residence: No dental schools in my state of residence

Major: Neurobiology
Minor: Public Health and Greek
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 80 but interrupted due to COVID-19 (general dentist -50, Ortho 20, OMFS 10)
Volunteering Experience: >200 in hospital settings, nursing homes, and summer camps.
Research: 500 hours, no publication
Other Extracurriculars: Leadership in organizations (volunteer, student gov, and research)
Relevant Honors or Awards: Scholarships, Dean's List
LOR type and strength: Committee letter
" DAT score (include AA and all sections) "

State of residence is still important for schools that have regional preferences and the school might even have agreements with your state.

School list?

Committee letter w/ who in it?

Updated it. Committee usually has people in various specialities. I had an orthodontist, general dentist, bio professor, neuro bio professor, and a classics professor in mine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have no idea what is considered a late submission this cycle, so I won't really comment on it.

Shadowing hours: it's usually recommended to have 100. Maybe you talked about your shadowing being interrupted during your COVID essay
EC: These look decent making you look well rounded, which I think is a plus

DAT is decent. I guess your TS is a 21?

Your GPA and DAT are above the average applicant accepted to DS.
You also applied to a lot of private schools, which is smart considering your situation.
Overall, I think you have a good shot as long as you interview well.

Latin > Greek

Just kidding. Good Luck! :)