WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paggal

Reaction score
Date of submission: August 24th
Overall GPA: 3.8
Science GPA: 3.7
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.7
DAT score (include AA and all sections):BIO 23 RC 23 ORGO 22 GENCHEM 20 QR 20 TS 21 PAT 16 AA 22
State of Residence: NE

Major: Bio, Eng

Shadowing Experience:
100 Endo
Volunteering Experience: 400 Tutoring
Research: One in a textbook on Perio
Other Extracurriculars:
President of Clubs, honors program, writer
School list:
NYU, Columbia, USC, Tufts, Penn, Boston Uni, UNC Chapel, UIC, UCLA, U Colorado, Harvard

Members don't see this ad.

I think overall your chances are good, but not a sure bet (I guess nobody is really a sure bet). Your low PAT score seems to be your only concern, and that might keep you out of some schools that have a hard cutoff. Some schools will overlook one low score if all the others are solid, which seems to be your situation. I'm a little on the fence about suggesting a retake because the PAT is a section (along with QR) that has a wider range of importance to different schools (its important to some, not as much to others).

With a good personal statement and LORs, I think you should get accepted somewhere. I think if I were in your shoes I might explore getting some shadowing experience with a general dentist as well as the endodontist you already have. He/she will provide a broad overview of all the phases of dentistry, and I think that looks good.

I think overall your chances are good, but not a sure bet (I guess nobody is really a sure bet). Your low PAT score seems to be your only concern, and that might keep you out of some schools that have a hard cutoff. Some schools will overlook one low score if all the others are solid, which seems to be your situation. I'm a little on the fence about suggesting a retake because the PAT is a section (along with QR) that has a wider range of importance to different schools (its important to some, not as much to others).

With a good personal statement and LORs, I think you should get accepted somewhere. I think if I were in your shoes I might explore getting some shadowing experience with a general dentist as well as the endodontist you already have. He/she will provide a broad overview of all the phases of dentistry, and I think that looks good.
I havent gotten interviews anywhere yet :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Date of submission: August 24th
Overall GPA: 3.8
Science GPA: 3.7
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.7
DAT score (include AA and all sections):BIO 23 RC 23 ORGO 22 GENCHEM 20 QR 20 TS 21 PAT 16 AA 22
State of Residence: NE

Major: Bio, Eng

Shadowing Experience:
100 Endo
Volunteering Experience: 400 Tutoring
Research: One in a textbook on Perio
Other Extracurriculars:
President of Clubs, honors program, writer
School list: NYU, Columbia, USC, Tufts, Penn, Boston Uni, UNC Chapel, UIC, UCLA, U Colorado, Harvard
v good gpa good dats (except for pat)
biggest problem is tat you applied to 11 schools, but 5 of them are in the top 7 or so most difficult schools to get into
you probably should have added more of the schools closer to nebraska...

Reactions: 1 user
v good gpa good dats (except for pat)
biggest problem is tat you applied to 11 schools, but 5 of them are in the top 7 or so most difficult schools to get into
you probably should have added more of the schools closer to nebraska...
I applied to Creighton but they wont accept me bc the PAT, rejected me right off the bat, wouldnt even look at my application

Might want to look at adding a couple more schools before its too late as a backup, the only negative is that PAT score, Most schools like at least 18 across the board.

Might want to look at adding a couple more schools before its too late as a backup, the only negative is that PAT score, Most schools like at least 18 across the board.
Which schools can I add so late in the game???

I havent gotten interviews anywhere yet :(
I wouldn't worry yet, its still pretty early in the interviewing process. Many schools don't start interviewing until mid September. I've had an ADCOM member actually say out loud that the whole process is silly in that they encourage everyone to apply as early as possible, and then the schools basically get to you when they get to you.

Basically, hurry up and wait.

Reactions: 1 users
I applied to Creighton but they wont accept me bc the PAT, rejected me right off the bat, wouldnt even look at my application
sorry to hear that, but creighton is not the only school nearby...