WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predentaldog28

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Date of submission: August 23rd, 2020
Overall GPA: 3.66
Science GPA: 3.70
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.75
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 18 AA, 18 TS, 21 PAT, 16 QR, 20 RC, 17 BIO, 18 GC, 19 OC
State of Residence: Michigan

Major:
Health Sciences - Pre-Health Professional
Minor: N/A
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 210 hours shadowing a general dentist in a dental office
Volunteering Experience: 128 hours volunteering at a dental clinic in an underserved community
Employment: 1664 hours. Working as a dental assistant for an oral surgeon
Research: none as of now, due to COVID-19
Other Extracurriculars: 18 hours participating in a program at the Detroit Mercy Dental School where we participated in many simulation activities, 60 hours being a member of the Diverse Dental Society at my university, and 60 hours being a member of another club at my university.
Relevant Honors or Awards: Dean’s list, academic honors, scholarship award, academic commendation
LOR type and strength: Bio professor LOR, General Chemistry professor LOR, community service LOR, general dentist LOR; all I believe to be pretty strong
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere: N/A

School list: Detroit Mercy Dental, Indiana University, Midwestern IL and AZ, ASDOH

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Date of submission: August 23rd, 2020
Overall GPA: 3.66
Science GPA: 3.70
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.75
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 18 AA, 18 TS, 21 PAT, 16 QR, 20 RC, 17 BIO, 18 GC, 19 OC
State of Residence: Michigan

Major:
Health Sciences - Pre-Health Professional
Minor: N/A
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 210 hours shadowing a general dentist in a dental office
Volunteering Experience: 128 hours volunteering at a dental clinic in an underserved community
Employment: 1664 hours. Working as a dental assistant for an oral surgeon
Research: none as of now, due to COVID-19
Other Extracurriculars: 18 hours participating in a program at the Detroit Mercy Dental School where we participated in many simulation activities, 60 hours being a member of the Diverse Dental Society at my university, and 60 hours being a member of another club at my university.
Relevant Honors or Awards: Dean’s list, academic honors, scholarship award, academic commendation
LOR type and strength: Bio professor LOR, General Chemistry professor LOR, community service LOR, general dentist LOR; all I believe to be pretty strong
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere: N/A

School list: Detroit Mercy Dental, Indiana University, Midwestern IL and AZ, ASDOH

not enough schools...

not enough schools...
I didn't apply to a ton since I have a low DAT score and didn't wanna spend more money adding schools since it was already a lot with the 5 I chose. I'm also planning to retake my DAT if I don't hear back. I just wanted to see my chances with the scores I have now for schools close to home (besides AZ)

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't apply to a ton since I have a low DAT score and didn't wanna spend more money adding schools since it was already a lot with the 5 I chose. I'm also planning to retake my DAT if I don't hear back. I just wanted to see my chances with the scores I have now for schools close to home (besides AZ)
your best shot at an interview is with detroit mercy, since you have spent time there and they interview tons of students...

Reactions: 1 user
I agree, your best shot would be at UDM with the application you have rn, but you also have a probable shot at MWU AZ/IL and ASDOH considering they're all privates and are a little less picky about stats. I think if you hear nothing by the end of December, you should start studying to retake the DAT before the next cycle opens and have your scores ready to go. You want to apply as early as possible because you will be a reapplicant and you already have this first DAT attempt on your record (as compared to first-time applicants who scored well on the DAT). Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users