MD WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emily3590

Reaction score
  1. Cumulative GPA: 3.82, sGPA: 3.80
  2. MCAT score: 513 (130/128/126/129)
  3. State of residence: Connecticut
  4. Ethnicity and/or race: White
  5. Undergraduate institution: Northeastern University, Boston
  6. Clinical experience: 6 months full-time at inpatient psych hospital, just over 1000 hours (full-time RA position was also very clinical)
  7. Research experience and productivity: 4 mos. part time recruitment volunteer, 1 year full-time research assistant, pub. currently in review, another in progress
  8. Shadowing experience: about 30 hours including OBGYN and Psych
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: about 130 hours volunteering for elderly in various forms, mostly doing penpal letters during the pandemic
  10. Other extracurricular activities: President of Irish dance club 2 years (about 250 hours total), choreographer for dance company (about 250 hours total), director of women's group for my faith group (over 500 hours), department lead at Old Navy during summer breaks (about 400 hours)
  11. Relevant honors or awards: Nu Rho Psi honors society member
Schools applied to: UConn, UMass, Vermont, Dartmouth, Harvard, BU, Tufts, Albert Einstein, Mount Sinai, Quinnipiac, Temple, Penn, Georgetown, George Washington, Brown

Application was complete most places in the beginning of August
Already interviewed at UConn and got waitlisted, pre-II rejection from BU, Dartmouth, and Georgetown

I went in to this application season pretty confident and knowing my weaknesses (definitely non-clin volunteering and possibly MCAT), but I'm starting to wonder if I should be holding out for more interviews or looking to reapply by now.. Any advice is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

1. Cumulative GPA: 3.82, sGPA: 3.80
  2. MCAT score: 513 (130/128/126/129)
  3. State of residence: Connecticut
  4. Ethnicity and/or race: White
  5. Undergraduate institution: Northeastern University, Boston
  6. Clinical experience: 6 months full-time at inpatient psych hospital, just over 1000 hours (full-time RA position was also very clinical)
  7. Research experience and productivity: 4 mos. part time recruitment volunteer, 1 year full-time research assistant, pub. currently in review, another in progress
  8. Shadowing experience: about 30 hours including OBGYN and Psych
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: about 130 hours volunteering for elderly in various forms, mostly doing penpal letters during the pandemic
  10. Other extracurricular activities: President of Irish dance club 2 years (about 250 hours total), choreographer for dance company (about 250 hours total), director of women's group for my faith group (over 500 hours), department lead at Old Navy during summer breaks (about 400 hours)
  11. Relevant honors or awards: Nu Rho Psi honors society member
Schools applied to: UConn, UMass, Vermont, Dartmouth, Harvard, BU, Tufts, Albert Einstein, Mount Sinai, Quinnipiac, Temple, Penn, Georgetown, George Washington, Brown

Application was complete most places in the beginning of August
Already interviewed at UConn and got waitlisted, pre-II rejection from BU, Dartmouth, and Georgetown

I went in to this application season pretty confident and knowing my weaknesses (definitely non-clin volunteering and possibly MCAT), but I'm starting to wonder if I should be holding out for more interviews or looking to reapply by now.. Any advice is appreciated!
There is nothing you can do but keep up with your ECs and possibly expand on them. It is a well known adage on SDN that everyone should consider themselves rejected until they receive that acceptance. So always be planning for a reapplication by building your app and rethinking your essays etc..

Seems you have a pretty strong app. I probably would have applied a little more broadly (if $$ available) to some more mid-tiers and maybe passed on BU, Sinai, and Harvard since they are very high stats. I'd be surprised if you don't see an II or two in next couple months.