Wanna bocome a pharmacist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sam Pre

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I work full time as a Social Work Coordinator for almost 5 years, and now, I think of changing my career to become a Pharmacist. I check some of threads already, but I still do not know how to pursue my dream.

I earned the Associate Degree in Computer Sience and Bachelor Degree in Computer Information System at NYC Technology College. And now, what should I do/get start to study for Pharmacist?

Do I need to take the pre-pharmacy courses, can my bachelor credits be transferred? I am looking for a CUNY college for part time to start.

Please advise.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

This is why English is not a prerequisite for pharmacy.

Well, I work full time as a Social Work Coordinator for almost 5 years, and now, I think of changing my career to become a Pharmacist. I check some of threads already, but I still do not know how to pursue my dream.

I earned the Associate Degree in Computer Sience and Bachelor Degree in Computer Information System at NYC Technology College. And now, what should I do/get start to study for Pharmacist?

Do I need to take the pre-pharmacy courses, can my bachelor credits be transferred? I am looking for a CUNY college for part time to start.

Please advise.

Thanks

All the information you need is here: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=198059

Other than that, I would look for volunteering in a pharmacy related place or shadow a pharmacist. You probably just need to complete the prereqs for the school your interested at a community college. As for transferring credits, you need to check with college of pharmacy of your choice. Email them a copy of your transcript, they should be able to tell you which course doesnt satisfy the prereq.

This is why English is not a prerequisite for pharmacy.

Don't hate ,and it is required.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you like science and math? And a whole lot of it? If not, I would advise to continue your social work.

You are looking at at least 7-8 years of very heavy science/math. Looking back now, I might have made a different choice if I knew exactly how hard and time consuming the school would be.

Don't hate ,and it is required.

Yeah, yeah. That was intended tongue in cheek. And I'm very well aware of the prerequisites, thank you.

---

Ditto to what was said above though. Science and math laden all the way for anything involving pharm. I'm tentatively considering an MS in toxicology, and even for that, its pretty heady stuff.

PharmD isn't a totally different animal, but I've heard from quite a few friends who are pharms that the sciences and maths are killer.

Specific to you though OP, I wouldn't think the upper level maths would be an issue. I'd see how you do in the prereq sciences though, especially OChem.

Shrug. Just my two cents.

Forget it. You want to switch to a career with an oversaturated job market? Take on 100 grand in student loans without a guaranteed job when you're done? Not worth it.

Forget it. You want to switch to a career with an oversaturated job market? Take on 100 grand in student loans without a guaranteed job when you're done? Not worth it.

Care to share which careers GUARANTEE you a job when you merely finish your degree?

What the heck does bocome mean?

I am starting to wonder if this is a troll post. lol!

Either that, or the op has English as a second language?

What the heck does bocome mean?

I am starting to wonder if this is a troll post. lol!

Either that, or the op has English as a second language?

Damn, just because of a mistake in one word out of the whole post, you actually assume he is a troll or has English as a second language? I sure hope you are not serious !

Damn, just because of a mistake in one word out of the whole post, you actually assume he is a troll or has English as a second language? I sure hope you are not serious !

Did you read the whole post? I'm not saying ESL as an offensive statement. I guess I just think that anyone that is moderately intelligent would not get that much grammar wrong. I have typos often, so I am no English expert myself - but, this post is just a bit over the top.

So, I would assume that a post like that has English as a second language out of respect for the OP. Otherwise, I just wonder if someone had the idea to post as much poor grammar as possible, and try to relate a major that has credits that do not apply at all to pharmacy in order to wind people up.

I dunno... Just seems weird.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you read the whole post? I'm not saying ESL as an offensive statement. I guess I just think that anyone that is moderately intelligent would not get that much grammar wrong. I have typos often, so I am no English expert myself - but, this post is just a bit over the top.

So, I would assume that a post like that has English as a second language out of respect for the OP. Otherwise, I just wonder if someone had the idea to post as much poor grammar as possible, and try to relate a major that has credits that do not apply at all to pharmacy in order to wind people up.

Definitely sounds weird. I have no idea how someone can get a B.S. degree without learning some English language grammar.

To people commenting on the OP's grammer, grow the **** up. OP is not asking you to give him/her a lesson in English, but rather an advice on what to do.

I seriously can't believe how people are so immature at this point !

To people commenting on the OP's grammer, grow the **** up. OP is not asking you to give him/her a lesson in English, but rather an advice on what to do.

I seriously can't believe how people are so immature at this point !

Your the one using immature language. You grow up..

Your the one using immature language. You grow up..

LOL that's enough for me. Talking about OP not using proper grammer when you are not doing that yourself !

You're*

@OP you may want to edit your thread. The people aren't able to look past typos.

Nah... Im going to stick to your.. its much easier to type. Notice that I didnt use "I'm" in this post. Also, I didnt use "didn't" when I typed didnt.

Your and didnt are easier to type. Thanks anyway.

LOL that's enough for me. Talking about OP not using proper grammer when you are not doing that yourself !

All I was saying is that this thread is a troll post. And if it is not, the op must use English as a second language. I was not even correcting the op, or insulting him.

Your the one with the potty mouth Jr. I could care less about people's grammar. I just found the post weird, that's all.

Your whole post is about grammar and now you saying you were not correcting his grammar or insulting him? Oh please !

All I was saying is that this thread is a troll post. And if it is not, the op must use English as a second language. I was not even correcting the op, or insulting him.

Your the one with the potty mouth Jr. I could care less about people's grammar. I just found the post weird, that's all.

When I read or write in a hurry, my brain auto-corrects my grammar mistakes, so I don't even notice them.

Please advise.

Thanks

This post reads like all those spam emails I get from fake Russian women wanting to hook up. "I see you email. I like a lot. I am looking to get start on relationship."

This post is not typos..... it's an English grammar train wreck that is difficult to ignore.

Who the heck are we to judge others? I didnt even know what grammar is when I first came to this country...

Last edited:
Nah... Im going to stick to your.. its much easier to type. Notice that I didnt use "I'm" in this post. Also, I didnt use "didn't" when I typed didnt.

Your and didnt are easier to type. Thanks anyway.

I find it hilarious that you feel like you can correct people at something you're terrible at.

done with you, not with the thread ! That makes a difference....plus come on already, hop off my ****!

Your (not you're) response to my taunt proves that you are not done with me. Potty mouth.

If UW hadn't had this site as a source for information I would say it's filled with fail.

Your (not you're) response to my taunt proves that you are not done with me. Potty mouth.

Uh, you do know how to use your / you're in a sentence properly, right? You haven't exactly proven that here... I do also find it amusing enough to post that you're fail-trolling this thread.

The Oatmeal has something to say to you:
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling