Want to add a few more schools - help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vr2791

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm applying this cycle and wanted to know if there are 3-4 schools I should consider adding because I have not yet received any interviews. My app info is below, and I submitted my last secondary (so far) last week.

Female, ORM, CA Resident
3.81 cGPA, 3.73 sGPA
MCAT: 518
ECs:
30 hours shadowing
480 hours clinical work via clinical research (consistent patient interaction and interaction with physicians delivering care), presented poster for one study
600 hours non-clinical volunteering (first aid classes at homeless shelters), leadership role
450 hours wet lab research (no pubs)
240 hours tutoring
Leadership experience in 1 other health related org

These are the schools I've applied to so far:
UMichigan
UCLA
UCSD
OUWB
Tufts
Keck
Kaiser
Ohio State
BU
Brown
Emory
Pitt
Temple
Rutgers (have NJ connection)
Hofstra
UCSF
UC Davis
UCI
Indiana
NYMC

I am worried that my list is a little top heavy and wanted to know whether anyone had suggestions for other schools I could add at this point in the cycle. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm applying this cycle and wanted to know if there are 3-4 schools I should consider adding because I have not yet received any interviews. My app info is below, and I submitted my last secondary (so far) last week.

Female, ORM, CA Resident
3.81 cGPA, 3.73 sGPA
MCAT: 518
ECs:
30 hours shadowing
480 hours clinical work via clinical research (consistent patient interaction and interaction with physicians delivering care), presented poster for one study
600 hours non-clinical volunteering (first aid classes at homeless shelters), leadership role
450 hours wet lab research (no pubs)
240 hours tutoring
Leadership experience in 1 other health related org

These are the schools I've applied to so far:
UMichigan
UCLA
UCSD
OUWB
Tufts
Keck
Kaiser
Ohio State
BU
Brown
Emory
Pitt
Temple
Rutgers (have NJ connection)
Hofstra
UCSF
UC Davis
UCI
Indiana
NYMC

I am worried that my list is a little top heavy and wanted to know whether anyone had suggestions for other schools I could add at this point in the cycle. Thanks!
You need to target schools that match your stats and accomplishments, so no, it's not top heavy.
How about Case, Miami and such...?

You need to target schools that match your stats and accomplishments, so no, it's not top heavy.
How about Case, Miami and such...?
I did add Case on my primary but was not able to get the secondary out within 2 weeks so I decided not to move forward with that one. I am considering submitting applications to USF and Miami - are there any others that you think might be a good fit? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I did add Case on my primary but was not able to get the secondary out within 2 weeks so I decided not to move forward with that one. I am considering submitting applications to USF and Miami - are there any others that you think might be a good fit? Thank you!
Every private school with a median around 518 (as long as that is your only MCAT).