Want to do something more than wait around?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Georgey

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If any of you out there are like me--submitted AMCAS app in late June but it has not been looked over at all--and you sent in your paper AMCAS to some of the schools, it may not hurt to contact the schools that have your completed, unverifie, info. I took matters into my own hands and emailed a couple of schools to get the status of my application. One emailed back saying they haven't received anything yet, which is quite distressing for me. The other (Tulane) said this:

Your application was completed on August 3, 2001. You will be receiving a letter inviting you for an interview on September 14, 2001.

Sincerely

Admissions Committee

I suppose there is some light at the end of the rainbow.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the post. I just found out that GWU never received my application! I sent it a month ago. Arghhh!

Georgey,

How did you get your hands on Tulane's secondary? Or did they grant the interview without it?

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent Tulane: my printed AMCAS app, a letter stating my MCAT scores, a secondary app (+fee), and my letters of rec. They sent me a letter (two actually, that ended up being duplicates) informing me of what steps to take to complete my app. To fill out their secondary go to:
www.som.tulane.edu/admissions/application.pdf

If you applied over four weeks ago I would contact them and find out why you haven't received their letter. I do not believe they screen AMCAS apps before sending out their secondary info, so you should have gotten one.

Hope that helps.

md,

It would be a good idea to send the printed applications with delivery confirmation, so you know exactly when they received your printouts.

DD

DD, I have sent everything with delivery confirmation through US Postal Service. My recommendation to others: do not use delivery confirmation, it is a waste of money. All of my delivery confirmations said they were delivered, except for Albert Einstein. However, I received an email confirmation from them so I know the delivery confirmation was wrong. Want to know what happens if your package was never delivered? You have to fill out a quadruplicate form and submit it to the USPS, they will give you a response as to whether you can get your refund (40 cents) within 4-6 weeks! All they can find out about the delivery is whether the postman/postwoman scanned in the envelope to a handheld device before he/she handed it over to the Admissions Office. Also, they check to see if the Admissions Office received it. So the point is if the Admissions Office did not receive it, you are out of luck! Don't use delivery confirmation, just send by regular mail and call the office after a few weeks to make sure they got it. That's my advice.

BTW, I called GWU back and spoke to a different person. She said they DID have my application?!?! Who knows if it is there. I am going to call again tomorrow.