1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Want to know aoubt loan

Discussion in 'Dental' started by SunnyRain, Dec 15, 2005.

1. SunnyRain

SunnyRain New Member

Pre-Dental
    I'm accepted in dental school as class of 2010.

I'll receive loan, and as I know I can make a loan only the amount school allows me to receive.
    If I need more, what can I do?
    Is it possible to receive more student loan?
    I need to support my family during attending dental school.
    it's not possible to join Ph.D program due to several problems.
    Honestly, i'm not army person, so it's hard to think to join army.

Please give me some advice.
    You can help me out!!

Thank you.
    :luck:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Rube

Rube Member
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Try exotic dancing. It worked for me.

4. superchris147

superchris147 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

well, you can only accept as much as 40-some thousand, i can't remember exactly. anything else you'll need to get private loans through different lenders which generally have higher interest rates. judging by your english i'm assuming that you might be from a different country and maybe not a US citizen. If you arn't a US citizen then you don't qualify for government financial aid and you must solely get private loans.

make sure to call up the financial aid people at your school, i feel like they just sit in their office all day waiting for people to ask questions about this

5. Mustt Mustt

Mustt Mustt Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Just to clarify what he is saying about governement loans. You have to be Permanent Resident(green card) or US citizen to qulify for the government programs. I have been a gree card holder for 4 years and I have qualified for all types of government loans and Financial aid(such as pell grants).

6. pibozh

pibozh Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Like others said, You can always apply for private loans through banks or some other financial institutions; your school have a list of those. As far as I know, you shouldn't have problem getting those.

7. TucsonDDS

TucsonDDS Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I am still pretty sure that you can only take out up to the max budget that the school makes for you. For me it was just shy of 57K this year. The school doesn't care whether you have a family or not, they will just tell you that your wife should get a job. Is she unable to work or just choosing to stay home. I say get her arse working to support you. Thats what I told my wife, of course she is still just part time so I guess I don't have much say.