1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Want to leave Ph.D.

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by Rig654, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Rig654

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    xx

#1 Rig654, Jun 4, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. QofQuimica

QofQuimica Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
    Administrator Physician PhD Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field], Attending Physician
    Make an appointment to talk to your PI so that you won't be constantly interrupted, and tell him that you want to get the MS. Just come out direct and say it. And really do get the MS. You don't think it matters now, but it will. Don't leave without getting the piece of paper for yourself and giving your PI another graduated student to list on his CV. You will probably need the year to get your app in order anyway.

Best of luck to you. :)

4. fourteensierra

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    Although I am a pre-med not pre-pharm I have two friends from grad school who like me decided that even though we like research, science is in the toliet right now (I had the director of my school tell me its the worst time in 40 years to be doing research) and who went to pharm school. Anyways, I would just go to your PI or whoever explain the situation (most researchers know it is a crappy time to be in science I had a professor from john hopkins tell me that even if you wanted to do research you still would do better to go to professional school rather than grad school). If they are reasonable they will understand and still write you a letter

good luck