Want to work for an optometrist in SoCal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rubytoes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Dr. Tassinari's office in Pasadena is looking for an optometric assistant. I worked there when I was in school and the hours are really flexible. The staff is really fun and everyone helps you out so don't worry, you don't need to have prior experience, they'll teach you what to do. The doctor specializes in Vision Therapy so if anyone's interested in learning more about it, you should definitely check it out. They also let pre-optometry students shadow if you're not looking for a job.

If you're interested call (626) 796-3105 and ask for Yvette or Cathy. Tell them you heard about the job from Lana.

Also fax your resume to (626)796-8816 or email it to [email protected].

Members don't see this ad.

Forgot some questions: While working for an optometrist, how should one dress? Also, not to be presumptuous, how should one dress for an interview--should it be even more formal than what one would wear to the office as an every-day employee?

Working at the office I do, Optometric Assistants wear scrubs, Ophthalmic Dispensers wear suits. I work in the lab and I just wear business casual.

For my interview, I went with business casual, but it was really informal since I know my Doctor pretty well.

Forgot some questions: While working for an optometrist, how should one dress? Also, not to be presumptuous, how should one dress for an interview--should it be even more formal than what one would wear to the office as an every-day employee?

A good rule of thumb when going on an interview or if you are ever speaking publicly is to dress one notch ABOVE what your employer or audience would dress.

If the employer is business casual, go with business atire for the interview.
If the employer is business, go with business formal.
If the employer is a fast food restaurant, go with business casual.

etc. etc.

If you are speaking at a conference that is somewhat formal, go with formal wear. If you are speaking at a conference that is being held at some beach resort, go with long khakis and a Hawaiiain shirt. etc. etc.