Wanted PGY-1 spot for Peds or IM for June 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2XDR

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a vacancy in a PGY-1 Peds or IM program starting in June 2009. I could be happy in either specialty; best if the program would be located in New England. If you can help, please email [email protected]. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am an IMG, passed Steps1, 2 (CK+CS), ECFMG certified, US PhD and lots of good quality disease-related research, with good publications. I have 2 mo of US clinical experience, am preparing for another observership. I would appreciate any advice.

Well did you apply for this year and didn't match?? Do you have low scores or date of graduation > 5 years back and what was your PhD on?? If your answers to any of above is yes except the last one would recommend strongly to keep trying for IM but also think of FP and Psych if you are interested...If your scores were good you may not have got good letters..may want to think about changing your letter writers next time...I can't think of many IM programs not wanting a doctorate candidate unless something is holding them back viz letters or your scores.

If you have been applying only to top programs would strongly recommend to apply to mid tier FMG friendly programs. Other than these register with findaresident.com & residentswap and hope for an opening. If you have friends working in residency keep in touch with them as they may have some opening come up if you are lucky.All the best.

Good advice above. There are a lot of IM and fp programs that take IMG's, if they have high board scores. A PhD should help also for IM.