Wanting to add more schools for 2020-21 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Idahomie

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I applied in early July and was complete for most of my schools by the middle/end of July. I just got waitlisted at my only interview so far, and am considering adding more schools to my already stupidly high count of 47. I would appreciate any feedback on what schools I should add, including both MD and DO schools.

I know I have applied to a ton of schools. I am worried that I grossly overestimated myself or there is a red flag in my application. This process makes me nervous because I'm older than the average student without having tons of non-traditional experiences. Although I'm preparing myself to reapply, I am really hoping to avoid being even older by the time I start school.

Personal Info: I really have to limit this down for personal identification reasons. There aren't that many Idaho applicants.
  • State: Idaho
  • GPA: 3.77 cGPA, 3.78 sGPA
  • MCAT: 519 (130/130/129/130)
  • Clinical hours: 1500+ ( scribing and CNA work)
  • Research: 250 hrs basic science
  • Volunteering: ~500 in a few organizations, only 1 clinical volunteering experience in mental health
  • ECs: I wish I could say more but mostly musicianship and athletics. Experience with a number of orgs in both. I have a couple of other longer ECs, but they are too easy to identify me with so I won't name them here. Nothing super special though.

Schools I'm considering adding:
  • USF Morsani
  • Vermont
  • Miami Miller
  • Quinnipiac
  • Medical College Wisconsin
  • Albany
  • Any DO schools (haven't done much research here)
Some of these schools have early November deadlines, so if I should add more schools, I want to do so immediately.

Some additional information about my school list:
  • I know applying to Texas schools was a long-shot, but my parents said they would help with some of my other application costs if I also applied to Texas.
  • The list below is in the order that I received secondaries. The secondary submission order is relatively the same.

School List:

UTSW
UT McGovern
Texas Tech - Lubbock
UTSA - Long
UTMB
Texas Tech - El Paso
Rochester
Michigan
UVA
Hofstra
Pitt
TJU Kimmel
SLU
Yale
Colorado
Harvard
Baylor
Northwestern Feinberg
Wisconsin - Madison - Rejected
Icahn Mt Sinai
Case Western - Interviewed and waitlisted
Cincy
WashU
U Chicago
NYU
Cornell
Dartmouth - Rejected
Creighton
Western Michigan
Stony Brook
Vanderbilt
Mayo
Ohio State
UCLA
Boston U - Rejected
Stanford
Kaiser
SUNY Upstate - Hold
UCSD
Columbia
Duke
Einstein
Penn
Utah
UW
Iowa
UCSF

Thank you very much in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

You could add all of those MD schools. You do not need to apply to DO schools.

Thanks for the reply! Do you think there is a point where I should consider applying to DO schools? For example, if I didn't have any more interview invitations by the end of November, should I consider it then?

Maybe @Goro could have some advice about adding DO schools?