WARMC for Rutgers dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nj2525

Reaction score
Hi all, I am a NJ resident and planning on applying to Rutgers dental school for this upcoming cycle. My gpa is about the same for cumulative and science and is a 3.6
I just recently took my DAT and was pretty disappoint. As you can see my OC score really brought down my total score and TS. I was wondering if you guys think that I should retake it? The only issue is I would have to wait 3 months and would not be able to take it until around July given I haven't received the official score report yet. Do you guys think that I should still submit my application as early as possible (June) and indicate that I plan on retaking it? Or should I wait until I receive my new DAT score and apply? (mid July)

Overall GPA: 3.6
Science GPA: 3.6
DAT score:
BIO: 18
GC:20
RC:23
OC:16
PAT:20
QR:20
TS:18
AA:19
State of Residence: NJ

Undergrad Attended: Northeastern University
Major: behavioral neuroscience
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? Yes- working in research for one year

Shadowing Experience: about 100- General dentists (2)
Volunteering Experience: about 150 as a crisis textline supporter, JDRF support
Employment:
6 months full time physical therapy assistant
6 months full-time Research assistant for Pharma company
6 months Clinical research assistant
1 year- ongoing Research assistant
Research: 1 publication under review
Other Extracurriculars: Medical brigades, PIH

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
For a true WAMC analysis, use the template: ► TEMPLATE: How to Format your WAMC Thread ◄ .

Since you're asking about a specific question on process, I would still encourage you to submit your application, noting that there will be a pending score. July is not terribly late. Submitting early means your courses are verified early (which is the longest step in that process) so that your GPA's are calculated early.

Yes, I think if you are able to rock the DAT with 20's across all sections (improve that BIO score too), you'll be in a good position in the process, especially as an in-state applicant.

Reactions: 1 user
Retake DAT when you are confident that you can do much better on the science sections. Also, make sure to apply to schools in either June or July and once you've got the unofficial DAT score report, email all the dental schools you apply to and let them know about it. This way, they'll take your new DAT scores into account when reviewing your app. Wish you the best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Retake DAT when you are confident that you can do much better on the science sections. Also, make sure to apply to schools in either June or July and once you've got the unofficial DAT score report, email all the dental schools you apply to and let them know about it. This way, they'll take your new DAT scores into account when reviewing your app. Wish you the best of luck!
yep thats what I would do.

so apply as early as possible and retake