WARNING ABOUT AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

12R34Y

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanting to share my experience with AMCAS on receiving trascripts.

I have attended four different institutions in the past and I sent all official transcripts to AMCAS using the printed out transcript request forms. I did this around the first part of April. I called in May. Still hadn't received two of the four transcripts. I confirmed with the schools that they were sent to AMCAS. Called AMCAS back and they said to resend them. I did.

called AMCAS back about late May. Still hadn't received one of my transcripts. Resent it to AMCAS for third time and they finally had all four transcripts upon calling them about 2 weeks later.

HOWEVER, when they read off the four transcripts they had received UNIVeristy of TExas and Houston was one of them!!!!!

I've never even been the the state of Texas let alone attended school there!

Please call AMCAS and do not assume that they have your transcripts in order. Hassle them until they are all in.

It took me almost three months......

so, if you haven't checked on your transcript status you probably should.

Maybe mine was an isolated incident, but maybe not..........

later and good luck to all,

Members don't see this ad.

not an isolated incident. i have transcripts from 5 institutions. sent these back in March. In May I called, and only 2 were received. I have reordered the 3 transcripts each week since that phone call in May. It is starting to get expensive. I have called AMCAS numerous times and if they have not received it they recommend you to reorder. Last call was informed my 3 other transcripts were not on file but that thousands of transcripts are sitting in their mailroom waiting to be sorted. Hopefully mine will get to my application sometime before Oct 15. Good luck to all.

this is just more proof that the AMCAS people can't get anything right this year. if they keep this up, there won't be any interviews until January!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't think it was an isolated incident. I would still encourage everyone to check on the status of transcripts because you may be unpleasantly suprised.

later

update. just got off the phone with AMCAS. They have received all but 1 of my transcripts. They are asking that I reorder that one, however they still have tons of transcripts yet to sort through. Good luck.

Me too. I had one sent over 1.5 months ago that they claim not to have. I had it resent about 2 weeks ago, and they still don't have it.

Grrrrrr. :mad: