1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

warning about interview invite responses

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Incendiary, Dec 10, 2001.

1. Incendiary

Incendiary Fantabulous Member
    10+ Year Member

I just wanted to let you all know that you should NOT wait too long before responding to your interview invitation. I don't know what "too long" is for different med schools, or even if all med schools do this, but NYU sent me a nice little letter today withdrawing their interview invitation because I hadn't responded yet. :eek:

Anyway, just wanted to warn you all so it doesn't happen to one of you...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    How long did NYU wait for your response?

4. YBee

YBee Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm sorry to hear that. Why didn't you respond right away? Were you unsure as to whether you really wanted to go there?

5. Incendiary

Incendiary Fantabulous Member
    10+ Year Member

Amy Beth: I received their invitation in the mail on Nov. 10, and their withdrawal letter was dated Dec. 4. So about 3 weeks I guess.

YBee: Don't worry about it, it's not a huge deal. I really liked NYU, but I was waiting to get an interview invite from Cornell (which still has not come!) so I could go down at the same time. However, I actually sent them (NYU) a withdrawal letter of my own on Saturday, so I wasn't too crushed.

Anyway, I feel kinda bad about having left them hanging for so long. Should I do something, like call the dean and apologize? Or would that just be ridiculous?

6. md2be06

md2be06 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Ah, just let it go.

7. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Membership Revoked
    Removed

I agree, let it go. I'm sure they lost no sleep over giving you that rescindance of interview letter.