warning about interview invite responses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Incendiary

Fantabulous Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to let you all know that you should NOT wait too long before responding to your interview invitation. I don't know what "too long" is for different med schools, or even if all med schools do this, but NYU sent me a nice little letter today withdrawing their interview invitation because I hadn't responded yet. :eek:

Anyway, just wanted to warn you all so it doesn't happen to one of you...

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sorry to hear that. Why didn't you respond right away? Were you unsure as to whether you really wanted to go there?

Members don't see this ad :)
Amy Beth: I received their invitation in the mail on Nov. 10, and their withdrawal letter was dated Dec. 4. So about 3 weeks I guess.

YBee: Don't worry about it, it's not a huge deal. I really liked NYU, but I was waiting to get an interview invite from Cornell (which still has not come!) so I could go down at the same time. However, I actually sent them (NYU) a withdrawal letter of my own on Saturday, so I wasn't too crushed.

Anyway, I feel kinda bad about having left them hanging for so long. Should I do something, like call the dean and apologize? Or would that just be ridiculous?

Ah, just let it go.

I agree, let it go. I'm sure they lost no sleep over giving you that rescindance of interview letter.