**Warning Silly thread**For Columbia P&S students appliances allowed in Bard rooms

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supereagles

Spread your wings and fly
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those that ignored the above warning, i had a quick and rather silly question. Are students allowed to have hot Plates (mini stoves) in their rooms at Columbia's Bard dorms? What about refrigirators and microwaves? I am the type of guy that loves to fix something up in the middle of the night and this is kind of a big deal to me. What other restrictions do students have should they decide to live in Bard....i am not sure on the specifics of dorm life. Thanks.. :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

supereagles said:
For those that ignored the above warning, i had a quick and rather silly question. Are students allowed to have hot Plates (mini stoves) in their rooms at Columbia's Bard dorms? What about refrigirators and microwaves? I am the type of guy that loves to fix something up in the middle of the night and this is kind of a big deal to me. What other restrictions do students have should they decide to live in Bard....i am not sure on the specifics of dorm life. Thanks.. :cool:

All the rooms I saw at revisit had microwaves and fridges... I'm sure people had hot plates, hot pots, foreman grills, etc...
I'm a little concerned about eating arrangements next year, to tell you the truth. Without a real kitchen, I might be relegated to Top Ramen and/or Chinese Takeout. Yikes.

SarahGM said:
All the rooms I saw at revisit had microwaves and fridges... I'm sure people had hot plates, hot pots, foreman grills, etc...
I'm a little concerned about eating arrangements next year, to tell you the truth. Without a real kitchen, I might be relegated to Top Ramen and/or Chinese Takeout. Yikes.

I am assuming one has to use these cooking devices in the communal kitchen and not in the rooms. yep, my life of takeout dinners continues.

Members don't see this ad :)
How about renting an apartment? If you have time, you can look around for a great apt before school starts...maybe you can even ask current med students where they live.

hey supereagles - were u at 2nd look?

i second what Sarah said... u can have sorts of things if room allows.

You guys are welcome to come over to my apt..I just a secured a room in the towers :)

b

missbonnie said:

You guys are welcome to come over to my apt..I just a secured a room in the towers :)

b

Suuuuure, rub it in, Bonnie ;)

We'll have to have group cooking nights. Or maybe an occasional progressive dinner from rooms in Bard, all the way to the Towers, lol. I'll provide the appetizer! (Ramen?)

missbonnie said:

b

Wow, how did you do that. I was under the impression that all first years (unmarried) are condemned to Bard. BTW missed the 2nd look.... Huge Mistake

supereagles said:
Wow, how did you do that. I was under the impression that all first years (unmarried) are condemned to Bard. BTW missed the 2nd look.... Huge Mistake

it's a secret my friend ;) .

No, it's easy to if you know what to do. I was torn between living in Bard/Towers cuz I wanted to make sure I'd get the same bonding exp - so I opted to look for rooms in Tower 1 - directly connected to Bard. Anyway, you just gotta know people at the school and/or live nearby to look for signs of ppl needing roommates.

thewebthsp said:
Hey I'm all for the potluck dinner concept. Hrm... carribean chicken or foreman grilled steak [in the common kitchen] ?? (oh yeah, I'm no vegetarian) :)

oooooo.... who else is gettin' excited?!