Warning to those who apply to Western University!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ucla2134

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, as you know this school is located in Pomona!
Last year i had interview there, i drove since it was only 30 mins from my home. The interview was around 9 am, but i came there early in the morning.

My GPS was stolen! Yea

So if you guys have interview there, ask someone to drive you guys there, do not go interview by yourself, especially the lady!!

Members don't see this ad.

Your gps could just as easily been stolen while interviewing at UCLA or USC.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cant you just take out your gps? like put it in your bag if your a girl or hide it in your car (somewhere)?

death_wish_3_poster_01.jpg

I am a little confused...how exactly did they steal your GPS? Was it in your car and someone broke into it?

Pamona is not that bad of a city. It seems like you just got unlucky.

Last year i had interview there, i drove since it was only 30 mins from my home. The interview was around 9 am, but i came there early in the morning.

My GPS was stolen! Yea

So if you guys have interview there, ask someone to drive you guys there, do not go interview by yourself, especially the lady!!
Sorry for your GPS...but
Maybe it's just me, but when reading this it seems like you are trying to badmouth Western U... in a very lame way.

Last edited:
Sucks your gps got stolen, but this could've happened anywhere.

It is combination of being unlucky+ not really careful+ bad location.

To Zubnaya:
I am not badmouth Western, i really like Dr. Koelbl, the future of Western will be bright as other health professional program they have there! I just want people to be prepare once they get there! It is just like i pm Case dental students on how should i prepare for the interview there and he told me about the location at Cleveland, and i should be careful once i get there. You are the one that make assumption that i should grow up. Maybe it is not me who should grow up!

Last edited:
That was a lot of exclamation points! It seems like you are getting unnecessarily excited! Chill out! It will be OK!

Members don't see this ad :)
Pamona is not that bad of a city. It seems like you just got unlucky.

Pomona is not a good city either, i have been there several times and it is definitely not a good city. And i would personally label it bad. But the surrounding area of the USC campus is pretty f****d up too!

Your gps could just as easily been stolen while interviewing at UCLA or USC.

Lol i highly doubt that would happen in westwood LOL Westwood is not even close to being comparable to Western or USC's surrounding neighborhood.

Lol i highly doubt that would happen in westwood LOL Westwood is not even close to being comparable to Western or USC's surrounding neighborhood.

Armed with a new GPS it might get easier to find UCLA.

My GPS was stolen! Yea

I assume you called the police. How did they break into your car?

Your GPS can also be stolen in your driveway.

I agree that WesternU is not in the best area; however, so is any other medical school. I will not want to go to dental school that is located in Dana Point cuz it will be really hard to find patient. I have been going there for about two weeks now and I have no problem as long as you park in the area that said Student Parking and plus WesternU has new parking structure for students so I think that problem will go away. The security at school is really really tight. I believe I saw a security guard every 100 feet or something on 2nd street. I feel bad that you have your GPS stolen but you gotta know it can happen anywhere but you are right, I will not park too far from school.

Someone broke in and stole my ipod and GPS from my car in NY city the other day. Don't apply to NYU or Columbia!

jk but seriously, it could've happened anywhere anytime. I admit I wasn't careful enough to leave my ipod to be seen (if someone actually tried to look for any valuables in a random car). I was out to buy a drink for 5 minutes and that happened.

But thanks for the warning. I really don't think OP was trying to badmouth Western.